• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Carbon Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefdog

Reaction score
I'm having quite a hard time making up my mind on a new suji, so I'm hoping for somebody to offer up something I can't resist and make the decision easy.
•Budget is +\- $250 (maybe $300 for something awesome)
•Carbon steel (maybe semi-stainless), solid or clad
•270mm (will consider 300)
•Prefer wa handle, but not opposed to western
•Prefer something with a little weight and minimal flex (no lasers)
•Maybe a Hiro AS Wa? Or Yoshikane V2?
So, I look forward to seein what you guys have that you'd be willing to part with. If nothing jumps out at me, it'll probably be a Misono Swede (or maybe a CarboNext).
Thanks.

i'm not willing to sell mine, but the 300 Konosuke White 2 suji rocks. i had a 270 Carter kuro-uchi finished white suji, before this, and i greatly prefer the Kono. just something to think about.

i sold kfed my Sakai yusuke white steel 300mm suji. we both liked it quite abit too. infact, chefdog-the sakai yusuke suji is just alittle more than the misono($248 after shipping for a 300mm).

i sold kfed my Sakai yusuke white steel 300mm suji. we both liked it quite abit too. infact, chefdog-the sakai yusuke suji is just alittle more than the misono($248 after shipping for a 300mm).

Yup. I would go this route for sure if you are in the market for a thin 300mm suji and aren't opposed to white steel. Sakai does a great job heat treating the steel as well and the suji holds an edge better than any white steel knife I've used, which admittedly isn't too many because I never liked the edge retention of white steel untill the sakai yusuke.

Thanks for the input guys. Aren't both of those really lightweight? I'd like a little weight to the blade, and I assumed the Yusuke would be just as thin/light/flexible as Konosuke & Gesshin? Based on Jon's numbers, a 270 suji will come in somewhere under 4 oz.

They're all pretty similar in the profile, thinness, weight area.

Possibly a Konosuke Fujiyama? though I haven't checked the prices since the latest hike.

Possibly a Konosuke Fujiyama? though I haven't checked the prices since the latest hike.

I think those are a little outside my price range, that's why I'm looking for second hand.
But they do look pretty sick.

I have a nice brand new Masamoto, only been for sale for a few days !!!

I have a nice brand new Masamoto, only been for sale for a few days !!!

Ha! I'd love to take that off your hands, but I'm looking for carbon, not stainless.
I hope you can move it, it's a good deal for someone.

Jackpot :excited: I was made an offer I couldn't refuse, so this thread is closed.
:danke:

Deleted. I think I'm brain dead this morning. :dazed:

OK - I just checked - I did not offer to sell you my Carter . . . :pirate1:

Waiting impatiently for the postman to deliver this:
1E9608D9-3B0E-4142-88A4-3E30E05E1850-1030-000000A9E8288263.jpg

300mm Hiromoto AS rehandled in afzelia burl by Dave.

Back