• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mario Ingoglia 240mm CPM154 Amboyna Handle Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhlee

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm putting up my Mario Ingoglia 240 mm CPM154 Gyuto for sale. It's actually closer to 9 3/4 inches from tip to choil. It has a natural (unstabilized) Amboyna handle.

It's in very good condition with only a few minor scratches. It's a very good performing and cutting knife. It's convex ground and has good food release. It's also a workhorse. It's not a laser so it's stiff and the CPM154 blade is tough and keeps an edge for a long time. The edge is slightly right-hand biased right now, and could use a touch of thinning. The tip area has also been slightly rounded from the original profile, which had a very flat area near the tip.

It also comes with a custom Burke Cutlery saya. The price is $320 including the saya and postage in the CONUS. Payment via Paypal.

Here are some original pictures of the knife: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/918437/post/2428513/hl//fromsearch/1/

Here are some current pictures of the knife.
DSC_0404.jpgDSC_0405.jpgDSC_0406.jpgDSC_0407.jpg

What appear to be scratches in the top two pictures are reflections from the light.

Grrr... want a gyuto just like this.. might have to settle for a hiromoto before to long

I got the knife today!! Thanks Michael for your excellent package and quick shipment!!

This knife is in fact better condition than I expected and looks much more beautiful than the pictures above. :)
This is my first non-Japanese knife maker's product (excluding those German's).
I have two other gyutos (a Shegefusa and an Aritsugu a-type) and Mario's can be right in between the two.
The knife feels well balanced and sturdy. F/F is impeccable and it performed beautifully when I had a chance to cut a few food.
Every penny is definitely worth it!!

Back