Quantcast
Pipe Smokers, Any on here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pipe Smokers, Any on here?

I bought my first Dunhill in Saigon, 1963 and ordered my tobacco from L.J. Peretti through the APO.

I've bought and sold a lot of pipes through the years and have now whittled my collection down to seven briars and a calabash. Two from Claudio Cavicchi, a Rad Davis, an Ashton, one from Peter Heeschen, a Brian Ruthenberg, and a Dunhill bulldog made in the year I graduated from high school (1962).

Smoke mainly Balkan Supreme from Peter Stokkebye and long for the days of Balkan Sobranie, the original Black Mallory, and Dunhill MM 965 made the way god and Alfred Dunhill intended it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chifunda View Post
    I bought my first Dunhill in Saigon, 1963 and ordered my tobacco from L.J. Peretti through the APO.

I've bought and sold a lot of pipes through the years and have now whittled my collection down to seven briars and a calabash. Two from Claudio Cavicchi, a Rad Davis, an Ashton, one from Peter Heeschen, a Brian Ruthenberg, and a Dunhill bulldog made in the year I graduated from high school (1962).

Smoke mainly Balkan Supreme from Peter Stokkebye and long for the days of Balkan Sobranie, the original Black Mallory, and Dunhill MM 965 made the way god and Alfred Dunhill intended it to be.
    Quite a pipe collection.

Is anyone else here on any pipe forums? My favorite is pipesmokersforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chifunda View Post

If you love MM965 and Black Sobranie Dunhill's Medium Standard Mix isn't that far away I guess.

I ordered some GL Pease Haddo's delight last night. I've never tried any of their blends before. I've also been eyeballin a Dunhill Cumberland.
    DsChief I live fairly close to the old Lionel building in MI. I've never owned Trains but I enjoy looking at them.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Quote Originally Posted by DSChief View Post
    The cars a "G" scale, thats another money pit i've gotten into..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSv41zhUj50
    Wow is that your garden train? I totally missed that before. I'd probably never leave the deck! LOL I know it's a long way but if you ever find yourself near Indianapolis around x-mas the Eiteljorg museum turns and entire room into a train display. Some are large scale. It's a very large multi-train, multi-level display and the scenery is incredible.
    I just received an order of GLP Barbary coast, Esoterica Pembroke amd C&D Autumn evening today. The Haddo's delight was pretty strong so off to the cellar with that for several months.

My back yard. video is bad, have 4 trains running on 3 separate tracks. i'm trying to film with 1 hand and manage 4 throttles with the other. Howling is from Carson, the neighbors Dobie.

a note on the Haddoes, I too found it really harsh when green. About once a month, crack the seal on the jar fluff up the tobacco for 10 or 15 sec to get fresh air in. At the
    6 month mark it will be ready to smoke.

If you haven't tried them yet, get tins of Fillmore, Union Square & Triple Play I think you won't be sorry.

I'll have to add those to my try list. I'm hoping to make the Chicagoland pipe show this spring. I've had my face buried in the computer looking for a new pipe so long I'm getting cross-eyed. I'm blown away by what people are paying for estate pipes on eBay. Our wood guys here need to add pipe making to their reportoire.