Mari's Book Purchase: Japanese Kitchen Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Korin sells a lot of book, all of which have 4+ stars reviews on Amazon. And yes, they're great, but none has been as curious to me as the "Japanese Kitchen Knives." Why was it a mystery? Because we always had a back order on them and I've never actually looked into it until today.

9784770030764.jpg

Japanese Kitchen Knives: Essential Techniques and Recipes
Price: $29.95

This book is pretty fantastic. It teaches you fairly in depth about Japanese knives, how they are made and what you can do with them. It has recipes in it, so yes it is a typical cook book, but what I really enjoy about it is how it teaches you how to do traditional Japanese cutting styles.

If you're just getting into Japanese cuisine, I highly recommend this book. It might not teach you the best recipes, but it does teach you the basics and with pictures!

3979333619_cd0056c3b9_o_d.jpg

3979333727_38a4e64df3_o_d.jpg

I purchased it today, so I wanted to share my thought on it. :)

Heads up if you're interested. Korin currently has 17 of these in stock, but I believe these books are being discontinued by the publishing company. It took a year for us to get this shipment in... But once these are gone, we probably won't see them anymore.

Thanks for reading! :D

this is a book that i own, and i like it a lot. i have made a few recipes from it, and they turned out great.

On one of the book threads this book shows up a lot, for some of the best books for the kitchen.

Back