Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beard Semifinalists anyone?

BeSt Chef: mid-AtlANtiC: Pierre Calmels, Bibou, Philadelphia has become a good acquaintance and my source for veal bones, duck fat, duck and game meat.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

eal bones, duck fat, duck and game meat.
    you made me hungry =D

I second Craig Deihl. He is one hell of a butcher and makes the best charcuterie ever. He can also drink like a champ

Pabu the other Mina restaurant at FS baltimore got Nominated as well for best new restaurant. A well deserved nomination even though this opinion doesnt count since i work with them. We also have some really heavy weights in that category as well so we are happy for being nominated .

BTW Is it my idea or Gary Danko been nominated straight the past 3 years for outstanding chef ?

IIR Gary Danko has been nominated numerous times. The same for Fore Street in Portland.

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    Melissa Kelly worked near me before she moved to Rockland Me. and opened Primo. Great place if you're up that way.

Ah, Melissa Kelly at the Chatham Sheepherder's Restaurant. The best restaurant in the area. EVER

Chris Shepherd at Underbelly in Houston. Great guy, awesome food. I learned hog butchery from him. His charcuterie is serious stuff.

Our Pastry Chef for Trace at The W Austin is nominated under the Rising Star section.
    "Meat, vegetables, a fish, an all-around kitchen knife including the bread. It is unsuitable for the thing which is too hard because a blade is thin." -Engrish