Quantcast
Been Busy
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been Busy

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC

Been Busy

I haven;t posted much since last year, in fact, I haven't had a lot of time to even read much here for the past several months. Since last October, I am averaging 21 to 30 orders per week and we have been shipping 15 to 22 per week except for this week, only 9 orders so far. So each week I get a little further behind. Maybe one day I will be like Carter and have a one year wait. My shelves are still bare and as fast as I make the boards they go out the door. Lumber purchases are far and away above last year and my lumber dealer loves me. I lost my part-time helper in January but before she left we cut out 60 boards, managed to glue 40 of those and still managed to ship 17 that week. I ran an ad and had a lot of replies, interviewed several and offered a part-time job to the most qualified who didn't bother to show up. So I start again looking and hope I can find someone. Meanwhile, the orders keep coming in.

So, the bottom line is, if you have an order with me, I am working on getting it and the other 45 out as quickly as I can. I will be happy to answer phone calls and emails but be aware a lot of the emails aren't making it because of a glitch with Time-Warner that no one can seem to correct. I even found that some order receipts never made it to me because of this.

well its a good problem to have

glad business is going well, GL on the hunt for a quality staff member too

I'm proud to say I just became a part of David's problems last night in fact. Looking forward to some killer mahogany!!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

That's great that you are so busy, but sucks that you can't fnd decent help. Good luck in the hunt once again.

Kinda' sucks that you are in the 'furniture capital' and still can't get good help. Good luck, maybe the right one will show up soon.

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Glad you are doing well and keeping busy!

Busy is good!

Hope you find a qualified (and reliable!) assistant soon.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    True, I am swamped with orders, today 24 will ship out leaving about 40 orders, but the wait isn't 2 months. If I can get the stock built up a little the wait will be down to one week or so for stock boards. One of these days I will learn to eat wood like a termite and come out on the other end with a finished board. Or at least I get the impression from some people that I shouold be able to do that.

Sweet!! I hope one of those is my 18 x 24 mahogany!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by The BoardSMITH View Post
    True, I am swamped with orders, today 24 will ship out leaving about 40 orders, but the wait isn't 2 months. If I can get the stock built up a little the wait will be down to one week or so for stock boards. One of these days I will learn to eat wood like a termite and come out on the other end with a finished board. Or at least I get the impression from some people that I shouold be able to do that.
    You mean you can't?!?? There goes my day... I guess next you are going to tell me the Easter Bunny isn't real too!

+ Reply to Thread