Been Busy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I haven;t posted much since last year, in fact, I haven't had a lot of time to even read much here for the past several months. Since last October, I am averaging 21 to 30 orders per week and we have been shipping 15 to 22 per week except for this week, only 9 orders so far. So each week I get a little further behind. Maybe one day I will be like Carter and have a one year wait. My shelves are still bare and as fast as I make the boards they go out the door. Lumber purchases are far and away above last year and my lumber dealer loves me. I lost my part-time helper in January but before she left we cut out 60 boards, managed to glue 40 of those and still managed to ship 17 that week. I ran an ad and had a lot of replies, interviewed several and offered a part-time job to the most qualified who didn't bother to show up. :censored: So I start again looking and hope I can find someone. Meanwhile, the orders keep coming in.

So, the bottom line is, if you have an order with me, I am working on getting it and the other 45 out as quickly as I can. I will be happy to answer phone calls and emails but be aware a lot of the emails aren't making it because of a glitch with Time-Warner that no one can seem to correct. I even found that some order receipts never made it to me because of this.

well its a good problem to have :)

glad business is going well, GL on the hunt for a quality staff member too

I'm proud to say I just became a part of David's problems last night in fact. Looking forward to some killer mahogany!!

That's great that you are so busy, but sucks that you can't fnd decent help. Good luck in the hunt once again.

Kinda' sucks that you are in the 'furniture capital' and still can't get good help. Good luck, maybe the right one will show up soon.

Cheers!

True, I am swamped with orders, today 24 will ship out leaving about 40 orders, but the wait isn't 2 months. If I can get the stock built up a little the wait will be down to one week or so for stock boards. One of these days I will learn to eat wood like a termite and come out on the other end with a finished board. Or at least I get the impression from some people that I shouold be able to do that.

Sweet!! I hope one of those is my 18 x 24 mahogany! :D

True, I am swamped with orders, today 24 will ship out leaving about 40 orders, but the wait isn't 2 months. If I can get the stock built up a little the wait will be down to one week or so for stock boards. One of these days I will learn to eat wood like a termite and come out on the other end with a finished board. Or at least I get the impression from some people that I shouold be able to do that.

You mean you can't?!?? There goes my day... I guess next you are going to tell me the Easter Bunny isn't real too!

I got the notice today that my board shipped, so it was approximately 2 weeks on my stock size board. That's a quick turnaround for a hand crafted item in my book.

I got the notice today that my board shipped, so it was approximately 2 weeks on my stock size board. That's a quick turnaround for a hand crafted item in my book.

I hate you. I'm going on six weeks, David Help!! :poke1:

I also got the shipping notice today on my stock board :) However, it's been over 1.5 months since my order in this case. :( Still, looking forward.

I also got the shipping notice today on my stock board :) However, it's been over 1.5 months since my order in this case. :( Still, looking forward.

Aaaaaaaaannnnd you are now also on my list of people to enviously hate. :D

Of course, I bought one that was posted here on KKF, and only had to wait 2 days for a shipping notice. Ha!

Latest posts

Back