Charlotte NC area get together

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
if you are in the area and would like to join in on a day to compare knives, talk shop, possibly cook together, etc. lets set a location date and time along with RSVPs. knyfeknerd
has volunteered to host future event.

myself: i'm a young chef (6yrs exp), just started using nice knives 4 months ago and now my collection is getting out of hand! used to yo handle knives only, but recently bought a wa petty, should get it on friday.

I am down, if I am off or have free time I am always down to do something.

Put me down. I am always up for getting to meet some who I only know by their KKF names.

Love to meet you guys! I'm a short drive away.

got ya, i lived in the boro for about 6 months that was good enough for me

for 129 bucks id rather buy a sundown e or american bass xd or tnt

No promises, but I'm down for anything, as long as it coincides with family and work calendars....

Holy crap I posted on here with a car audio forum response hahahaha

OK guys can you do Sunday March 10th?
I'll host it. PM me for my addy. More details to come.
Please post in the thread to RSVP.

I'd be interested as well. I'm in Laurens, SC, about 2 hrs from Charlotte.

I have it on the calendar. That is the Sunday when Daylight Savings Time starts again.

I can make it, I think. I promise not to embarrass knerd with my sometimes korny humor, or hair-raising tales of his youth.

Ok, thanks guys. Let's say 12 to 7pm. I would go a little longer but I've got small kids and it's a school nite.
I'll do some food. I have a large-ish gas grill we can use. You guys are welcome and encouraged to bring food too. My kitchen isn't too fancy, but it works. I'm sure my Pops will bring some form of bread.
Maybe pumbaa could do a dessert???
BYOB
Please bring all things sharp and stoney. I'll try to get a couple extra tables for us to set our junk up on.
FYI, I have cats, dogs and small childrens-If you are allergic, consider yourself warned!
Let me know what food you're bringing by posting in the thread so we don't end up with 500lbs of Mac & Cheese.
I'll PM you guys my addy later.

I forgot to add the one and only rule......
....NO NEW YORK YANKEES attire allowed.
If you show up wearing anything Yankees related, you will be denied admittance. I will however be renting out Red Sox attire for a nominal fee.

Atlanta Braves all the way.

I can smoke a pork butt if you guys want.

3 hour drive for me but I would be interested in coming though I really can't make plans in advance.

I could bring bread or dessert, i also was a line cook and have a culinary degree i can cook too lol

word dude was a beast until that whole thing went down, i was born and raised in miami

safety that hits harder than linebackers, i was a fan ever since that first description and he went to my nfl team (redskins) so naturally he became my favorite player since his rookie season.

btw, would any of you guys attending the meet be interested in a mac ultimate 10" gyuto? i only used it for a week, but it's too big for me so i never take it out of knife roll. i'm open to possible trades as well.

btw, would any of you guys attending the meet be interested in a mac ultimate 10" gyuto? i only used it for a week, but it's too big for me so i never take it out of knife roll. i'm open to possible trades as well.

Bring it with you, you never know what could happen

Back