Quantcast
Ice cream maker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice cream maker

Ice cream maker

I have been doing a little reading regarding counter top ice cream makers with compressors and as usual would like to be steered in a good direction. So anyone have suggestions for a good ice cream maker, that will hopefully last the rest of my life? I'd like to keep the $ around 300 or less.

Thanks
    Jared

$300 is not much of a budget for an ice cream maker with compressor. That being said, I found this one for you on Ebay. It also has the advantage of having a removable bowl, easy to clean and sanitize.

Lello is an excellent brand, they used to be called Simac FYI.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lello-Gelato-Jun...item41558e9fa3

I dropped $900 + on a commercial tabletop icecream maker about 8 years ago. It's still in service. I can check the model but it must be $1200 plus by now.

I read an article from NY Times earlier that recommend a few but the only one still around is the Cuisinart and it is right at $300. Should I look at putting in more cash? I have looked at the Lello as well.

I use a pacojet. But that's about $4000. So....
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I got one of those bowls from kitchen aid that you freeze for ice cream for the home use and I have a Delonghi for Gelato with its own compressor... have not used it long so I cant say how sturdy or strong they are.... One thing I can tell you is that once I started making gelato.... I became hooked!!

Gelato and sorbeto are awesome!! I got a book and did a lot of recipes then started to make my own thing and started combining flavors and ingredients... delicious stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    I use a pacojet. But that's about $4000. So....
    i miss having a pacojet around... now the best i can do is freeze in deli cups and vitaprep it

I hear this is great Whynter Ice Cream Maker
    I own this and use it all the time its awesome Cuisinart

Quote Originally Posted by rahimlee54 View Post
    I read an article from NY Times earlier that recommend a few but the only one still around is the Cuisinart and it is right at $300. Should I look at putting in more cash? I have looked at the Lello as well.
    I don't know if it's a deciding factor or not, but having owned both I can tell you that the operation of the Cuisinart is very very noisy. Both machines are quite reliable, the Nello will take up less counter space though.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHaze420 View Post
    I hear this is great Whynter Ice Cream Maker
    I own this and use it all the time its awesome Cuisinart
    I have the cheaper bowl freeze cuisinart model and some forms of custard just wont freeze up, even after the bowl has been in the deep freezer for months. which is why I wanted to go with the compressor. Does this model do something different?