• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda AS 210mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got carried away and bought this off another forum member a couple weeks ago. I used it to prep a few meals (I'm a home cook), and really enjoyed using it, but I just really can't afford this right now. It's a bit under 8 5/8 " long--almost 220mm. Comes with box, $240 ConUS shipped.

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

Do you know if it has been sharpened? Also how flexy / bendy is the tip?

From original seller: " Takeda is brand new, only went through out of the box sharpening." I haven't sharpened it--it's quite sharp. Here's the original sales thread: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...chi-Wa-Gyuto-V2-Steel-and-Takeda-210-AS-Gyuto

I just did a quick test on the tip, but I'm really not sure what I'm doing here, so didn't push it that hard, and I don't want to mess anything up. I have heard that some Takedas are kinda bendy. Sorry--wish I could be of more help.

Classy move selling it at that price. You just got a point, in my book. Nice knife, by the way.

Could I be second in line if the sale falls through for any reason? Thanks.

Nice sale Todd - You at least got to play with it a little bit.

This sale is certainly not falling through, I was finally in the right place at the right time! Can't wait to get my hands on my first Takeda blade, thanks Todd!

Back