Quantcast
Wusthof Ridge Chef
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wusthof Ridge Chef

Wusthof Ridge Chef

I don't normally pick on Wusthof but what were they thinking with their new Ridge Chef with both a ridge down the middle of the blade and a line of hole below that!!? Now that is a strange knife for a German company.

They should make the holes different sizes then you could measure out spaghetti with it.

I'm pretty sure it's to knock food off the side of the blade. Instead of a proper grind, they have resorted to gimmickry. Or it's a blood groove for home defense use.
    Happiness is a sharp knife.

Its a marketing gimmick.

Shun is taking some market share. Wustie wants to up their cool factor. Cutting holes is pretty standard manufacturing practice to make something lighter. Now the Wustie weighs the same as equivalent Shun and looks cool too. The ridge line? Who knows but it looks cool to the housewives.

Good example of what happens when the marketing dept has offices on the top floor with a veiw and engineering shares a cube in the basement...

REgards,
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Williams-Sonoma is calling it the "Wusthof Classic Vegetable Knife." Four customer reviews, all five stars out of five stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Williams-Sonoma is calling it the "Wusthof Classic Vegetable Knife." Four customer reviews, all five stars out of five stars!
    Crikey that's a site with some pearls on it.

This one, the "*** Tomato Knife", as far as I can tell designed by Jack Nicklaus and based on his first ever putter, from their "TOP RATED CUTLERY" section - 4.75 stars from 14 pages of reviews....

ONE STAR:
    "Tomato Knife's Handle Too Short

It was nearly impossible to maneuver with such a short handle so we used our regular knives on all the bounty from our garden. I know other such knives were much more expensive, but if I had known it would cost more to get a longer handled knife, I would have chosen one that would work instead of wasting my hopes on this one."

Looks like its for cheese.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I saw the "ridge" knife thing in an email from some kitchen store. My first thought was "John Rambo meets Martha Stewart," and they collaborate to extort money from naive housewives.

purty knife ya got there chefdog!

that wusthof reminds me of those cheap japanese knives you find at the dollar store. (well, where i'm from at least)

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    purty knife ya got there chefdog
    Oops, I was obviously I the wrong thread when I posted that picture. I should really have some coffee before jumping on the forum first thing in the morning.