Hello from Arlington, VA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am happy to of found this site. There is so much info that I now know how little I know:happymug:

Hopefully by my 50th Bday in June I will have learned enough to make my first knife purchase in 20 years! Can't wait until I have participated in a pass around - what a great idea!

Welcome, Bill -- I'm just a few miles south in Alexandria. There are a couple other forum members in NoVa/ DC/ Maryland; we are slowly building #s.

Dave,

Since you mentioned you are in Alexandria, VA and you like pickles I must mention Number One Sons. They are based in Alex and have great pickles, kim chee etc!

Dave,

Since you mentioned you are in Alexandria, VA and you like pickles I must mention Number One Sons. They are based in Alex and have great pickles, kim chee etc!
Thanks, I have not heard of them. It's really my wife who likes them, plus it was a potential name for the new baby Travis suggested :biggrin:

BTW, Travis works at Art & Soul on Capitol Hill, and they make a lot of different pickles there.

Dave,

Just checked out the menu and wine list - looks nice. I also noticed they have a 3 course meal for 35 from 3/4 to 3/17. I might have to go!

Definitely go, and get a PM conversation going with tkern ahead of time so you can be sure you go on a night when he is in the kitchen. He will make sure you are well fed!

Back