Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Define Normal

normal is overrated.

what is normal anyway?

conformity. blah.

=D

Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post
    Whenever I see a yard sale or second hand store I look for old burl coffee tables.
    I have ended up cutting quite a few.

BTW: we don't use the "N" word around here.
    coming from Coos Bay ,My parents house is full of Myrtlewood or old growth redwood burlwood tables and clocks and all I want to do is cut them up. He has a coffee table 24" x 48" x 2" made of a single piece of old flame maple that would make a badass cutting board.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    AM I the only one who keeps an "Emergency Knife Kit" in my car for when I cook at people's houses who don't have good knives?
    I used to when I had a truck, now I have 4 or 5 strategically placed full knife kits all over the country. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    In economics they draw the distinction between normal goods and inferior goods, so think about it that way. Is what you are doing 'inferior'? Of course not, so by elimination it must be normal.

k.
    or luxury goods

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Four more popped into my head. I remember once writing a post that was similar, but more about how I was coming across as a crazy person, because of this, and I did have one of those moments this week. Plus...

I told my wife I was going to sharpen the rug because of how much our dog had shed in a day(vacuum is what I meant to say).

While talking to my mom on the phone, she asked how Butch was doing.

I caught my wife telling her best friend about her custom Rodrigue parer that was almost done.

Best of all...

My wife told me to get off my phone and tell Pierre that I'm already married, so he'd finally realize we were never going to end up with eachother. Haha
    ROTFLMAO!! To early to be reading that! Caught me totally off guard! Coffee EVERYWHERE!!! lol!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

So my sous chef and I both pulled new pencils out of a box to do inventory. When I saw the difference in sharpening I couldn't let it go. Gave him crap all day. I have a problem. Five hours later starting talking about how since I gave my pencil a more refined edge it would be more prone to micro chipping and reduced edge retention. Both were new pencils with the same cheapo pencil sharpener. It's all about attention to detail. I think that is the point I was going for. Or I am nuts and kind of a dick.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Makes sense to me, the pencil on the left needs to be thinned behind the point ! What grit eraser are you using? And I might be being finicky but you should ditch the yellow wood for some burl
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    coming from Coos Bay ,My parents house is full of Myrtlewood or old growth redwood burlwood tables and clocks and all I want to do is cut them up. He has a coffee table 24" x 48" x 2" made of a single piece of old flame maple that would make a badass cutting board.
    ... Or about 270 wa handles - that's how I look at wood pieces.

Stefan

Friggin lol. My wife finds it rather uneasy sitting watching a movie late at night with me holding a 270 suji beside her.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Just for clarification do you mean *ormal or *eed? Both seem kind of out of place to me.
    If I only cut wood that we have here I would never run out of wood in this lifetime.
    But......
    I need to buy wood. Lots of really expensive stuff.
    and.....before that arrives, I need to buy more and more.
    Then you guys come along and tell me about other woods that you/I need.

Does that make me needy? maybe, but normal.....I don't think so.
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store