cooking the signature KKF dish

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
When I cooked my ballottine I put the extra stuffing and some sliced potatoes on the bottom of a pan with some white wine and chicken stock. the ballottine rested upon this and was tented with foil. It was roasted at 350º for an hour, then uncovered and cooked until the internal temp reached about 160º which was close to another hour. The result was nicely browned and moist with a good amount of tasty liquid in the pan.
I would like to know how others approach this. Is there a better way to cook it? How about using the grill, or the kamado?

Where I come from "kamado" means burnt. (not sure about the spelling though)

I find roasting much like you desribed works best. I've smoked em, alto shammed em, it all works. I haven't fried one yet though.

Bought a clay pot at IKEA for 25 bucks. Good buy and great chicken!

Pesky

Ahhhh now I have to do a chicken ballottine for kkF :)

I was wondering why I was seeing so much chicken ballottine. I'll have to make it sometime soon.

Why you've been seeing it? Cause it's cheap, versatile, uses knives wisely, you get to bash a leg bone with your knife spine, and pull a bird apart with your hands. And then it's delicious. What's not to love?!

Lol not that I don't like it, but when I'd open up the food subforum and half the posts were chicken ballottine I was like:cheeky: I thought there must be some secret :ninja: code or something. You're all :headbang: out with your :chicksign: ballottine doing the :cookingdinner::cooking: thing and I'm :thebbq:. Maybe I just need a :fishslap:

Latest posts

Back