Chefsteps knife tips

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaneg

Reaction score
I love how in the first vid you can see how poorly he matches the profile of his knife when re sharpening by looking at the space between his edge and the grattons.

Check out their other videos, they do a lot of experimenting with sous vide, the guy that runs it (not in the video) ran Heston Blumenthals test kitchen.

Boy, could I see myself hanging out with that guy.

Thanks for the links, the videos are fairly interesting though my sharpening technique is very different to theirs. From the few kitchens (some pretty fancy) I've been in, I think the fanciest knife I've ever seen is a Global so the one where they compare the 99c knife to the fancy one is pretty funny. Anyone recognise the knives he was using?

I saw an addict somewhere there. I'm not sure what the hammered damascus wa was; could be a yoshikane

Please move to knuckle heads thread

Thought about it, but the experimental stuff they do is their saving grace.
Stick with what you know is a good motto for them.

I saw Mr R's damascus knives in one of the videos

Whats he doing wrong?

Im a chef that has a very basic knowledge and understanding of how to get an edge on my knife, and have kind of just taught myself using bits of advice here and there to figure out a method of freehand sharpening that gets a better result than your average chef.

Im here cos I want to learn more.

I saw these vids and it looks like he gets a decent edge, so I was going to give his technique a try.
But judging by the comments I take it he's not somebody to learn off?

Can someone explain why, and point me in the right direction to begin learning more about getting the sharpest edge on my knives.
I have a pretty eclectic range of knives ranging from a vintage american and euro, to stainless german, to an Aogami santoku knife.

check Jon Broida's videos on youtube capital =D

or Murray Carter's videos.

I was trying to figure out where I've seen that mustache, slack, smug expression and heard that voice before. Then it hit me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3lUQ3vWB4k
[video=youtube;k3lUQ3vWB4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3lUQ3vWB4k[/video]

Just replace "chatting with babes online" with "posting bad sharpening videos on youtube"

Back