Quantcast
We're not used to this!

Thread: We're not used to this!

We're not used to this!

13 inches of snow, 2nd highest on record, town practically shut down, had to use the 4 wheel drive Ranger to beak out the driveway.
    Let my son take the Ranger to work, I'm hoping he gets back safely..
    I took a look with my 2 wheel drive Chevy and decided I wasn't going anywhere!

Glen

here in VA they close schools for 2" of snow, crazy.

heh, heh.

It's a mind set.

Being Canadian I find this terribly funny.

On the east end of Long Island we got 30+ inches and everything was shut down a couple of weeks ago. They didnt plow my street for 2 days. Definitely the most snow I could remember getting.

Coming from the northeast I never worried too much about snow, you waited till it was over, the plows came out and you had a few days of driving slow. Then I had snow while driving through North Carolina, not much but enough that everyone lost there minds. Either forgot how to drive or never knew how, it was a mad house and not something I enjoyed 8 hours into a 12 hour trip. I have to say I'd rather have 30 inches living somewhere that knows how to handle it then 2" down south where they don't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by The hekler View Post
    Coming from the northeast I never worried too much about snow, you waited till it was over, the plows came out and you had a few days of driving slow. Then I had snow while driving through North Carolina, not much but enough that everyone lost there minds. Either forgot how to drive or never knew how, it was a mad house and not something I enjoyed 8 hours into a 12 hour trip. I have to say I'd rather have 30 inches living somewhere that knows how to handle it then 2" down south where they don't have a clue.
    +1

We ended up with 14.2"
    Front wheel fell off the Ranger on my son's way home.
    My AAA membership just paid for itself X10!