Quantcast
Google Glass Looking promising - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Glass Looking promising

I think it's a pretty cool piece of innovation and technology. Clearly not for many people, but things like this are what drives technology to get better and better.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    This reminds me of the eyeglass prop from "The Jerk" that eventually made everyone who used one go cross eyed.
    +10
    Chewie's the man.

The PC was good, the internet was good, but once we moved out of dial up I was OK with technology stopping right about there. I see little need to keep pushing the boundaries of this stuff, makes me shutter to think of what will be accepted in the future as part of normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    The PC was good, the internet was good, but once we moved out of dial up I was OK with technology stopping right about there. I see little need to keep pushing the boundaries of this stuff, makes me shutter to think of what will be accepted in the future as part of normal life.
    Normal is a very subjective term Dave.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    I think it's a pretty cool piece of innovation and technology. Clearly not for many people, but things like this are what drives technology to get better and better.
    I agree.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Personally I think the glasses look dorky but the technology is cool. You still retain the choice about what to share with others.

There's also the heads-up display element for immediate info to you. "Smart" phones and "augmented reality" apps are still limited by the fact that you have to hold something in your hands.

I would actually go for a set of these in orange with sunglass lenses. The no-lens version looks bad. Better yet, I want a set when it's cheaper, the add on module smaller, and the display integrated with the sunglasses lens itself and not a little cube off to the side.

Think of today's helmet cams like the GoPro. Cool but clunky. The Google Glasses are like that but networked, smaller, feed you info and can go anywhere without having to have a helmet or handlebar or dashboard or whatever to mount the camera onto.

I don't want to pay this much money for a first-gen version, but I'm keen to see how this will evolve and improve.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Personally I think the glasses look dorky but the technology is cool. You still retain the choice about what to share with others.

There's also the heads-up display element for immediate info to you. "Smart" phones and "augmented reality" apps are still limited by the fact that you have to hold something in your hands.

I would actually go for a set of these in orange with sunglass lenses. The no-lens version looks bad. Better yet, I want a set when it's cheaper, the add on module smaller, and the display integrated with the sunglasses lens itself and not a little cube off to the side.

Think of today's helmet cams like the GoPro. Cool but clunky. The Google Glasses are like that but networked, smaller, feed you info and can go anywhere without having to have a helmet or handlebar or dashboard or whatever to mount the camera onto.

I don't want to pay this much money for a first-gen version, but I'm keen to see how this will evolve and improve.
    +1

I'm looking forward to when this is applicable to contact lenses, personally...

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Normal is a very subjective term Dave.

True and besides I'm pretty sure that my life is way off of normal anyway. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    This reminds me of the eyeglass prop from "The Jerk" that eventually made everyone who used one go cross eyed.
    Sure would have to be careful about concentrating on your special purpose...
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

"God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

+ Reply to Thread