Dark Crushed Velvet Figured Redwood - LG Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just got about 100lbs of wood back from being stabilized by K&G today.
Figured I would start cleaning up this batch of Redwood first.
These are now in the Stabilized Wood Blocks section of the store under Redwood.

If you click on the photo it will take you directly to the stabilized Redwood Blocks. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the new pieces.

This redwood is a bit darker than normal and has really bold Crushed Velvet looking figure. The diagonal piece on top is a normal redwood piece for comparison of the color and figure with the new pieces. The figure in these blocks is very chatoyant and seems to move around beneath the surface of the wood. It has been a while since I have been able to find redwood like this. This is some more "Barn Salvage" redwood. A while back some people brought in a few old slabs they found in the barn of an old burnt out homestead here in SW Oregon. The outer surfaces were charred but they were real thick pieces with some undamaged wood inside. I claimed one of the pieces and promptly cut it up and sent it to K&G for stabilizing. I think the blocks turned out great.

Feel free to post any questions or comments. That is how I am able to get a better idea what you all like.
Thank You, I hope you like this wood. If not, check back tomorrow and I will have more new wood cleaned up and posted in the store

This wood is AMAZING in person. Wow. Thanks, Mark!

Glad you like it.
and for everyone else....
Looks like there are still 5 pieces left.

Back