Quantcast
Sharpening Gyuto - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sharpening Gyuto

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    I make shiny things get cutty cutty. Kind of a longer video for me but hey it's a talkie!!

Wish I'd watched that right when you posted it... Although now I must have yet another knife-related toy- a strop. This obsession never stops progressing does it
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Quote Originally Posted by Drumjockey View Post
    Wish I'd watched that right when you posted it... Although now I must have yet another knife-related toy- a strop. This obsession never stops progressing does it
    No..... no it does not. Could email Dave Martell and see if he's got any felt scraps laying around. I got a couple from him and just made my 6th or so strop. First with felt though. Like it a lot. Just get a piece of leather or felt and glue it to a flat base of some sort, or... a lapped piece of balsa from the craft store can be used as a stropping substrate. Or news print wrapped around a dry sharpening stone can be used as well.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Fed View Post
    news print wrapped around a dry sharpening stone can be used as well.
    Haha there's been a newspaper wrapped stone sitting out on my counter for several weeks. It works great, although my significant other has been threatening to throw it out and or leave forever.

+ Reply to Thread