My take on the forum bird.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anpanman

Reaction score
I mentioned in my introduction post that I had made a couple of chicken ballotines, and it was suggested i`d post some photos.

The ballotines are great fun I think. This one was stuffed with feta cheese, dry-cured ham, grilled paprika, dried tomatoes, garlic, sage, basil and parsley. Cooked in the owen in a cast iron casserole with a splash of white wine. Remainings in the pan later used to make a cream sauce to be served with the bird.

dsc06091i.jpg

dsc06096e.jpg

dsc06098o.jpg

dsc06100q.jpg

dsc06103h.jpg

dsc06106i.jpg

dsc06110c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. No doubt JP would be happy with that!

That looks really sweet - did you de-bone the legs and wings and stuff them too? Yeah I want to try that myself :hungry: :hungry:

What sauce is on the side there? Is that a volumetric flask in the first picture?

I have never made one of those I need to give that a try maybe that is something for tomorrow night. Looks good.

I realize this bird is gone forever but if you are sitting on a cross section pic after cooking it would be really cool to see.

Great job :doublethumbsup:

Good grief. I am suddenly very hungry. I am also reminded of how much I wanted to try making one of these myself. Your filling sounds really tasty!

Back