• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: DT ITK AEB-L or Mario Ingoglia's

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orange

Reaction score
After witnessing what happened with the WTB for a DT ITK and learning Mario's profile and shape has changed from his knife that I recently purchased,
I am itching to get either one of them:
I am interested in a decent condition DT ITK AEB-L or a Mario Ingoglia's (assume cpm154) such as this one :wink:
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/5308-Amboyna-Tooth-wip
or http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/8224-CPM154-260mm-gyuto?highlight=mario
I'd like either a 270mm Gyuto or a 270mm tall suji (for Mario's) but will consider shorter length as well.
I prefer to have the knife with a saya.

Hopely I get to see one before this impulse subsides.

Thanks.

I can't get it exact, but have a few things you might be interested in. Pm sent.

Well there goes the old feeding frenzy right out the window . . . what's happening to tradition huh???? :eyebrow:

Matt, pm replied. ^^

Haha, I love traditional too and have quite a few carbon knives.
I just like to try stainless for the time being. ^^

This is definitely a better way to get whAt you want but also a highway to break your bank.
I am getting a Mario but it does not satisfy my curiosity for DT aeb-l. ^^
I have to resist this temptation but anyone with a killer 270 DT ITK aeb-l with a saya before I recover my sanity??

The coolest community ever! It worked for me a week or two ago. :D

i almost feel like this should be made a sticky. at one point or another almost everybody should test drive, or buy an itk. lol.

Kalaeb certainly has some interesting options, eh?

Lol, non of the pieces in my collection are pieces that I would actively sell, I just like them all too much. However, I am making an effort (albiet not much of one) to reduce the amount of knives I have. When an opportunity comes up like this one it helps make my decisions easier. I just packed it up and cried a little. Its a great knife and I hope it gets used like crazy.

Orange,
I might be confused here, so I'll ask- did you just get 2 Mario knives? One from this thread and another that was sold a couple days ago on different posting?

If so, lucky bastard

Orange,
I might be confused here, so I'll ask- did you just get 2 Mario knives? One from this thread and another that was sold a couple days ago on different posting?

If so, lucky bastard

Yes, that's the picture and I did not know before that I am a lucky bastard. :laugh:

damn, 2 in such a short period of time. I can only imagine getting one period....ever lol

very nice, and congrats! have one myself, enjoying the heck out of it.

very nice, and congrats! have one myself, enjoying the heck out of it.

Thanks. I am still hungry for more though. ^^

I was only a white and blue steel boy but,
when I experienced stainless steel folders, it changed my perception about the sharpness of stainless steel.
Mario's CPM154 is my first (excluding Wustoff and Henkel) ss and I am quite happy with it.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about deburring Mario's CPM154. I had a blade of cpm154 in the past (of lesser prestige) and I found it to take a fine edge, but it was a soulless mother to deburr :viking: I have my suspicions that it was a less than optimal HT that was the culprit...

I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about deburring Mario's CPM154. I had a blade of cpm154 in the past (of lesser prestige) and I found it to take a fine edge, but it was a soulless mother to deburr :viking: I have my suspicions that it was a less than optimal HT that was the culprit...

I have never had any issues with deburring, at least with Mario's CPM154, but its the only one I have used in that steel. I just do a edge trailing stroke on my stone followed by a felt stop.

After I got a Mario's CPM154 last week, I only had a chance to take it to stones for a few times but I did not see any issues related to deburring.
But then again, I don't pursue the extreme level of sharpness that some of you guys chase though.

Thanks. I had a feeling it was that particular blade, not the steel in general.

Latest posts

Back