• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pairing, Petty, Hankotsu, and Ceramic Chef

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
Going to thin the herd a bit to remove redundancies and fund other purchases.

Miyabi 5000S 90mm sheeps foot pairing knife
German steel 58hrc Japanese shape. Comfortable D shaped handle for righties. Never really sees any board work, the only marks on it are from hanging it up on a magnet.

IMG_20130223_160902[1].jpg

$50 shipped

Henckels Miyabi 5000S 160mm Petty
Same German steel 58hrc Japanese shape combination in the 5000S line. D shaped handle for righties again. Very comfortable. Again, only barely visible blemishes from magnet contact.

IMG_20130223_161231[1].jpgIMG_20130223_161309[1].jpg

$75 shipped

Sakai Takayuki Grand Cheff Hankotsu 150mm
Sweedish stainless steel, basically AEB-L hardened to 58hrc. This one has seen some use. I've boned out many strips, poultry, even used it as a utility etc. Haven't used used it in about a year since I got Salty's old carbon Misono hankotsu. Learned to sharpen hankotsu on this one years ago so it's gotten some rookie scuffs on it. I could buff those to satin if requested though. Just put a killer convex edge on it so it's ready for whatever. It's a solid workhorse that you won't feel bad about abusing in the least. A couple people expressed interest in this one so they can have first crack at it if they still wish.

IMG_20130223_160959[1].jpgIMG_20130223_161102[1].jpg

[video=youtube_share;AlvqElTl-0o]http://youtu.be/AlvqElTl-0o[/video] [video=youtube_share;jgkM_RrIGLM]http://youtu.be/jgkM_RrIGLM[/video]

Originally $125 now $80 Shipped

Kyocera Kyotop "Damascus" 6" Advanced Ceramic Chef Knife
If you are going to buy a ceramic knife, I think this line is the best. The advanced ceramic they use is extremely hard, I think they pressure bake it twice in increasing temperature and pressure to achieve this. Hence the "advanced" labeling. The Damascus ladder pattern is just for show but it does look hella cool. The first thing I ever cut with this knife was a carrot, a second later and the next thing I cut was my fingernail completely off. What a dumb-ass. The factory edge was screaming sharp obviously and I used it in the rotation on fruit and veggie detail for about a year. Since then it's just been a drawer queen. I've put an ok edge back on it with diamond plates which still works well on fruits and veggies but it could use a trip back to the factory to restore it back to new condition.

IMG_20130223_161344[1].jpgIMG_20130223_161404[1].jpg

Originally $260 now $180 Shipped

After consideration I withdraw and pass 1st refusal to Zweifel.

I love the "Maru" profile and the geometry on these - my Konetsune is a great working knife and really I have no idea why people complain about these - enjoy!! :knife: :pirate1:

Nice of you to pass it on Mike9. Yet another example of coolness on KKF.
Didn't someone recently accuse us of "Jknife snobbery" and other crap I won't dredge up to derail the thread....
Some really good deals from Rick too.
Good luck on the sales!

That's OK - I consoled myself with a new MAC SB-105 bread knife - $89 + free shipping was a no brainer. :knife:

I'm going to add another item here.

Global G-19 270mm flexible filet knife.
It's basically a flexible suji. Used it on a ton of stuff from salmon, halibut to skate wing. Works great on smaller fish like grouper or snapper too. I took this one out of my rotation about 2 years ago when I started using Mioroshi on fish and now I use Deba as well so this thing has just been sitting at home forever now. Some scuffing on the face from an intern who thought it was a good idea to practice sharpening my 70/30 blade with a 50/50 bevel. I fixed the bevel but never bothered to buff the whole blade out.

IMG_20130224_151853[1].jpgIMG_20130224_151921[1].jpg

[video=youtube_share;P55aIL-AiAw]http://youtu.be/P55aIL-AiAw[/video]

$165 new i'll take $120 for it.

I forgot the Global has a saya as well.

Hankotsu sold and shipped! I think you're going to like it Patrick. If you have any questions about it, sharpening, usage, whatever, feel free to pm.

Let's move the rest of these suckers now.

Price drops:

Pairing $40
Petty $60
Ceramic $170
Global Still $120 but it's with a saya not pictured.

Hankotsu sold and shipped! I think you're going to like it Patrick. If you have any questions about it, sharpening, usage, whatever, feel free to pm.

Let's move the rest of these suckers now.

Price drops:

Pairing $40
Petty $60
Ceramic $170
Global Still $120 but it's with a saya not pictured.

Thanks Rick! Something to look forward to when I get home from Kansas....

Price drop, gotta move these little guys.

pairing $35
petty $40
global with saya $110

Pairing and petty sold locally.

Global $100 shipped

I want the Global! Haven't bought here before, read the guidelines for this forum but it doesn't tell me how to exactly go about buying. I see "PM Sent" all over but don't see how that is happening, sorry if I'm just missing something really obvious. Please advise!

I want the Global! Haven't bought here before, read the guidelines for this forum but it doesn't tell me how to exactly go about buying. I see "PM Sent" all over but don't see how that is happening, sorry if I'm just missing something really obvious. Please advise!

Click on ThEoRy's name, then Private Message

damn it i wanted that petty for $40 id be all over it.

Back