Pork Sammies cont. Now with 18 hour pork.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradox

Reaction score
The pork in the sandwich in the other thread was done for 12 hours in marinade and then braised at 220 for 4 hours in a cast iron Le Creuset dutch oven.

This pork in the new thread was done in marinade for 36 hours and then roasted in the oven for 18 hours at 200-220. I started it with apple juice and water in the pan and added apple juice once to keep some moisture in there. Minimal oven openings.

18hour02_zpsf5312e39.jpg

I can tell already that this pork will be better than the first half of the batch. My first time using pork cushion for pulled pork. I'll go back to butt shoulder for future batches too. It's been a fun experiment.

That looks really good, making me hungry while I am eating.

What cut of pork, Boston butt?

Pork cusion. It's from the picnic shoulder end. Not as much fat as a boston and I don't think I will use it again. It was on special locally if you bought the whole bag. It was about 10 lbs. total and came in at about a buck a pound. Figured it was worth a try. Tastes really good. But not as good as a boston butt. ;)

Thanks yes I know what you mean not really ever satisfied with picnic I've used before. Better off grinding it for sausage.

Back