milk frother?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markenki

Reaction score
My wife recently gave me a Nespresso machine. I'm really enjoying the coffee it makes. What would be a good milk frother to use with it? Convenience is a big plus for me. I know that Nespresso makes the Aeroccino. Are there better options?

Thanks for any recommendations!

Regards,

Mark

I used one of those glass Bodum ones for a while; it worked pretty well. Kinda like a french press. Pour in the milk, work the plunger for a few seconds, then put the carafe in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. Works better then the frothers on the $70 espresso machines.

Best frother I ever had was in the early 80's - it was cork with a hole and a bent tube. You put it in a tea kettle and the steam frothed the milk. Stupid simple and I've never seen another like it.

How much pressure did it provide? It would seem the espresso machines run at quite high pressures compared to what would come out of a kettle.

When I upgrade my current frother, I'm going with one of these:
https://www.chriscoffee.com/La_Marzocco_GS3_Mechanical_Paddle_p/gs3-1g-mp.htm

This is a highly recommended frother!

I picked up a pre-paddle one a few years ago for a wedding present to ourselves. The paddle version came out ~1 month after I took delivery.

It's an awesome machine. Might be overkill for a couple, but it's great when we have a group of people over, as it can keep cranking out shots.

How much pressure did it provide? It would seem the espresso machines run at quite high pressures compared to what would come out of a kettle.

Not a lot of pressure needed to froth milk. It worked just fine and with no moving parts could last a lifetime. I need to make a new one.

I also have a GS3. Great machine, I don't think that it's overkill for anything or anyone, it makes better, more consistent coffee than anything it it's price range.

i've never understood the cost of all these machines. Granted, I have never had a cup of normal coffee in my life so that kind of negates my opinion :)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm giving the "Norpro Glass Froth Master " a try. If it doesn't work well, I'm only out a few bucks.

Latest posts

Back