• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

180mm Shigefusa Deba, Need to sell.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermes7792

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First off I Really wouldnt Like to sell this beautiful knife, I have had it for a whole two weeks... I love it to death and just started really getting to know how to handle this masterpiece. The reason I am needing to sell is because my girlfriend on the 24th of February was involved in an auto accident about 100 feet from where we live. She broke her elbow and arm, and has surgery this Friday to get pins and plates installed. We will have the med bills payed for by auto insurance but she just got let go from her job about 2 weeks before that and we wont receive lost wages because of this. Bad things come in pairs I guess. But to make the rent and and hopefully have most our bills payed off so we dont have to start using credit cars for the first time, I gatta split with my babies...

Like I said semi brand new, used to cut 1 salmon... and 6 ducks, THAT IS IT! currently has a couple of tiny chips that will be buffed out after a sharpen, maybe 2 and arent a major problem at all. I am pretty sure this is a common problem for deba, and should be expected.

Shigefusa deba,
180mm(I think it is a little bigger than that, shigs run big)
about 5.5mm at the spine, definitly a big boy
never been sharpened.
smooth wa handle, ho wood with buffalo horn
light mustard and natural patina.

May be able to take better pictures if requested. I don't have a good ruler or anything to provide super precise measurements.

550 shipped conus
shig1_zps8c7a82eb.jpeg

shig2_zpseba6099a.jpeg

Good luck on the sale and best wishes for a speedy recovery for your gf.

Sorry to hear about tat situation..good luck with the sale and hang in there!

Thank you all for the kind words.

Price drop to $525 shipped. international shippers pay shipping!

Shig deba is great. I love mine. But to be realistic Hermes, x-check your offer with Maxim's stock :-0

I paid about 500 for it to get it here etc, I have cut 7 things with it and have babied it otherwise. price drops will keep happening till it sells.

475 shipped.

Hi, I would be interested for $325 shipped to NYC. I am a little concerned about the blade chips. Did you buy it new or used?

I will send pictures up close on the tiny little chips that people seem to be worried about. Or I can post them if you are concerned.

440 shipped

Then you'll just have to wait and try your luck :)

Hi, I would be interested for $325 shipped to NYC. I am a little concerned about the blade chips. Did you buy it new or used?

With this style of knife even with proper use it's going to happen. Just sharpen em out and put a micro bevel on it to help prevent them in the future. $325 is just crazy low for this particular knife though.

Sorry to hijack the thread but really? Are shigs really that brittle?

It's not Shigs I mean. It's the blade style no matter the maker. You've got hardened carbon steel in a super heavy blade which comes to an extremely fine point coming in contact with fish bones. It's gonna happen no matter the maker. Microbevels can help though.

Congrats Pete and Hermes, best wishes to your girlfriend Hermes.

Latest posts

Back