Advance Notification - Coming on Sunday 2/24

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just wanted to give you all a bit of advance notification of lots of new stabilized blocks that will be added to our web store on Sunday 2/24.
Over 100lbs of new blocks just came back from being stabilized at K&G. Most are oversized and there is a big variety of really nice blocks.
I spent today getting as many cleaned up as I could and then took individual photos of each block.

First thing when I come in to work in the morning I will start posting these in the store. It will take several hours to get them all posted so each time you look throughout the day there will be more new pieces. I will not be checking emails, messages or voice mails until after these are all posted in the store. Just a warning; if you add pieces to your shopping cart, they still show available until you complete check out. So it is possible for someone else to purchase a piece you wanted if you do not check out right away. If you have not registered in the web store, you might want to do that ahead of time so all your shipping information is already entered to make your purchases quick and easy. The new blocks will all be in the Stabilized Wood Blocks section of the store.

Shipping is Free in the US - International Shipping is $10 per item
For International purchases over $100 you will receive an in store credit equal to what you paid for shipping. I will post the credit in the store software and it can be used toward your next purchase.
Everything in the store comes with a money back guarantee.

Here are group photos of the blocks I will be adding to the store on Sunday.
Sorry for the bad photos. They look a bit washed out and yellower than in real life. The individual photos are better and more accurate color.

Oregon Maple Burl
1_zpsa678c001.jpg

Big Blocks of Black Palm
2_zps1093e50a.jpg

More Oregon Maple Burl
2_zps60d4c904.jpg

California Buckeye Burl
1_zpsd497234e.jpg

More Oregon Maple Burl
3_zpsa5e00689.jpg

Some figured big blocks of 5460 year old Bog Oak
3_zps21204e9c.jpg

This is a photo of the new, Old Growth Redwood that has already been added to the store.

There is a big variety of really nice blocks in this batch. I hope you will find something you like.

Can I claim that piece of maple with the natural end bottom right of the third pic down?

Can I claim that piece of maple with the natural end bottom right of the third pic down?
Mike, I have pulled it from the store inventory for you and will send a paypal invoice.
$40 #1789 Oregon Maple Burl - Stabilized Wood Block
5&1/8" to 4&3/8" x 1&3/4" x 1&1/4"
a20791b13d0d6c6850c214_l.jpg

a20791b13d0d6cc086fe42_l.jpg

Most of the finished blocks are in the store now.
But......quite a few people from here have been there already.

I still have more that I am working on and will get them added as soon as possible.

Lovely Mark I picked up a block of Redwood too Thanks

Mike, I have pulled it from the store inventory for you and will send a paypal invoice.
$40 #1789 Oregon Maple Burl - Stabilized Wood Block
5&1/8" to 4&3/8" x 1&3/4" x 1&1/4"
a20791b13d0d6c6850c214_l.jpg

a20791b13d0d6cc086fe42_l.jpg

Back