Quantcast
Cutting Boards and Magnetic Strips - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting Boards and Magnetic Strips

Very good point, thanks for chiming in.

I will price them competitively, but to be honest, I haven't spent much time thinking about the prices. First I need to finalize the design and preferences, then will work on the prices.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Use brass if they are going to be visible. Invisible would be preferable if the mounting solution is elegant and discrete. Make sure it's strong enough to hold a 210mm deba too.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I will make prototypes of both constructions. Ordered hardware and magnets, so hopefully early next week will get something out in the open. Hidden hardware would still allow the strip be mounted flush on the wall and will be sturdy to support whatever it is on the strip.

Logo or no logo on the front side? What would be the preference? If logo, I would probably need to get a small head for my burning iron. The logo would probably be .5"x1.5", so fairly small. Alternatively, I can burn a full size 1x2 in the back of the board, but it won't be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    Marko,
    Maybe you could offer the silicon feet as an option with it's own check box, or just include the feet in a baggie with installation directions and leave it up to the customer.
    I need to slide my cutting board into a narrow cabinet that also holds our cookie sheets. I think the feet will just make things tighter and will probably catch on the pan edges as I try to push it in. I too am happy with putting a dish towel under it to keep it from slipping around and help absorb impacts. It also means I have two usable sides to work with.
    From my experience, if the dish towel happens to be wet and your leave it overnight, it may warp the board. . Ditto if you happen to have a wet towel on top of it.. Happened to me! careless mistake.

Rubber feet wld have its usefulness. IF you chop heavily or use a mallet on your say cleaver,
    a) it will absorb the impact adn not transfer the force from board to the counter top and prevent scratching it when it moves. The rubber feet is softer than board. Thus it depends on your usage. IF it is just fine/ regular cutting it is not an issue.

b)Recessed hole for the rubber feet. Without it, at least you can take out the screws of the rubber feet,try to close/ fill up the screw holes adn use it as another surface. Especially when it is slightly uneven.

hv fun and stay sharp....
    d

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Use brass if they are going to be visible. Invisible would be preferable if the mounting solution is elegant and discrete.
    +1

If you could mount a separate wall piece that a similar part on the back of the strip would fit into, like a z-bar, the front could be clean and the piece could be easily removed for cleaning, polishing, etc.

As for your logo, I'd keep the front clean. You could put it on the side of one of the end pieces.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    ...Make sure it's strong enough to hold a 210mm deba too.
    How much does your deba weigh?

The deba is 17.45 oz or 494.6 g.

I think the logo is important. Just put it in one of the lower corners where there is no magnet so it doesn't get covered by a knife

I would not mind commissioning mini metal logo that can be embedded into the block, but I don't even know where to look for those or what they are called. It would be just letters A and T in the circle like in my full logo. Can anybody point me in a right direction?

Found out that these would be custom coins or crests. Sent an inquiry for pricing.
    M