• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ichimonji Usuba and Moritaka Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I find myself in a dilemma that i'm sure most of you have come up against. The limitations of our wall magnets. Yep, somethings got to go before something different can be had. So, as my tastes change, I'm letting go of a few knives and trying to balance my collection.

1.) Moritaka Supreme Series 150mm Petty

I've had the knife for a few years and used it more when I was into smaller knives. Its Aogomi SS and I think I have it sharpened to around 11 degrees a side. The edge and tip are in perfect condition and the exposed steel has developed a nice patina. It has a flat cutting surface and is more akin to the Funi profile than a traditional petty. I paid $125. SELL $75 + $5 Shipped CONUS. No box

2.) Ichimonji Kamagata Usuba 195 Blue #2
I love this knife and have practiced proper technique but I haven't been into that style of food these days. Its in perfect condition, I've had it for two years, purchased from BlueWayJapan. Has never been sharpened, just the edge stropped a few times. Paid $275 + $30 for ho wood says. the saya is actually 210mm. Sell in box for $225 Shipped CONUS.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

Ha, nice upgrade and/or addition, Pete. A white steel Ichimonji Kichikuni usuba I had a while while ago was nicely made and straight.

Back