Looking for a great suji under 200

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drake

Reaction score
I am looking for a nice all around suji that can hold up to professional use for under 200 dollars.

I noticed Mark has a ******** Artifex for around 90 bucks on ****. Anyone know much about this knife? It's in AEBL as well.

Is the Hattori FH Suji worth the money?

I have also looked at the Misono sweedish carbon and the toghiro(sp).

Any others I should be considering.

Don't know why it censored the word rich mond

Hang out here long enough and you'll soon realize, lol.

Take a look at the Suisin Inox line from Korin, or the Carbonext from JCK. Both good, and stand up well. I love my Inox suji, couldn't go without it

You mentioned the Misono Swedish. Great steel, excellent F&F. From my experience with their 240 gyuto I expect the sujihiki to have some flex.
Remarkably stiff for a thin blade: the Fujiwara FKH. Not the finest grained carbon, but with some bite which is not bad at all with a suji. Good level of F&F, more basic than the Misono. Just as highly reactive. Will need a forced patina to eliminate a smell issue. Have a look at them with JCK. IIRC some $75.

I would get Fujiwara FKH for $83 (I have it and love it) or Carbonext for $140, or Hiromoto AS for $225

The Hattori FH is a great suji, I used to have a 300mm before I converted to carbon.

Take a look at the Susin Inox over at Korin. The 270mm suji goes for 188. The Inox is a great line of knives. Many here love theirs, including me.

The Suisin carbon line at Korin is my recommendation. I had a gyuto and was very surprised with the performance and geometry at that price.

Back