Japanese Knives Gesshin Damascus Stainless Yanagiba Sneak Peek

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Just a sneak peek before we put these guys up... stainless damascus yanagiba in 240mm, 270mm, and 300mm

(sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

374519_10151353138108860_1808036689_n.jpg

482394_10151353138173860_2021477171_n.jpg

They are stainless steel (sadly, not something we can share at the makers request) at 61hrc. They come with d-shaped rosewood handles with a white spacer... and maybe the coolest thing is that the saya pin is attached to the saya by a string, so you never have to worry about loosing one again ;)

They will be up for sale very soon... the pricing should be as follows (i just have to double check a few things)

240mm= $190
270mm= $215
300mm= $250

Whoa! They look great, love that white spacer, and low price too! Nice addition, Jon!

Wow. Looks great. Can't wait. Just in time too, I'm in the market

Yanagibas are one of the few areas where I don't see any need for stainless steel, that said those look killer and for a crazy low price.

I like that handle and saya. I wish my pins were attached.

At first look I thought, "Jon got some more cool stuff I will never be able to afford", then I scrolled down to the price.

iven been wanting a yangi at that price its hard to beat, anything from jon i know is of high quality so im sure they will perform well.

Can't see the kanji, is that a Ginga or a new line?

Cheers!

new line... just gesshin this time.

Sadly, just yanagiba in this line. sorry... no gyutos.

-Jon

Any idea when these will be up? It is tax return season after all :)

i've got a few major repairs i need to get done today... once i finish those, i'll get these up... hopefully before we leave for NY

I am so in for a 240 when they get posted... Looks nice, and I've been wanting a SS One for a while to replace my cheaper than dirt one

Wow what size will I order.... 270 I'm thinking?!?

Back