Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livestream 2-26-13

Very nice Jon every one just get's better .
    I would like to see a view above the wheel but that's just me and what grit is that wheel.
    How's Sara coming along with her sharpening .
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

He shows the wheel when needed. I watched him grind out an usuba edge to get past a rounded ura then grind up the shinogi and thin the edge back out. I assume this is a low grit stone to do this work, my question is also what grit is it, how many different grit wheels do you have, how much of a pita is it to change them and how do you flatten the surface?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

i have a few different wheels... one is really coarse (on the wheel now), and the other is just slightly more coarse than a medium grit stone. Its kind of a PITA to change them, but i rarely need to. On flattening, its not done in any way you might think. Maybe one day, i can show you. Anyways, its not something that needs to be done every few minutes or anything like that.

So, a question to the masses... do you like this livestream thing? Is it something you would like me to keep doing or is it not worthwhile?

I love it! I'm new to this and trying to soak it all in. Videos like this are a big help!!

I like it. Youtube is way easier and more stable than the other ways you did it before

thanks... it took a little to figure out how to do it, but i think its much better this way

Sound is a little funny, underwater like and the resolution is a little low. But what are you gonna do? It still provides a good insight into how it's done.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/