Japanese Knives Livestream 2-26-13

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Jon every one just get's better .
I would like to see a view above the wheel but that's just me and what grit is that wheel.
How's Sara coming along with her sharpening .

He shows the wheel when needed. I watched him grind out an usuba edge to get past a rounded ura then grind up the shinogi and thin the edge back out. I assume this is a low grit stone to do this work, my question is also what grit is it, how many different grit wheels do you have, how much of a pita is it to change them and how do you flatten the surface?

i have a few different wheels... one is really coarse (on the wheel now), and the other is just slightly more coarse than a medium grit stone. Its kind of a PITA to change them, but i rarely need to. On flattening, its not done in any way you might think. Maybe one day, i can show you. Anyways, its not something that needs to be done every few minutes or anything like that.

So, a question to the masses... do you like this livestream thing? Is it something you would like me to keep doing or is it not worthwhile?

thanks... it took a little to figure out how to do it, but i think its much better this way

Sound is a little funny, underwater like and the resolution is a little low. But what are you gonna do? It still provides a good insight into how it's done.

streaming limits how HD i can go... and the computer is so "smart" that it filters out the sound of the wheel as background noise ;)

Is there a way that you could see questions being posted to the video's channel and answer them live?

I enjoy the the live stream and always click on the link.
and at the 5 min mark he show some wheel action Heck YA!

I always seem to miss the live streams, but watch them later. I don't know how many people watch live, but do you think it would be worth making the same type of videos, but instead of streaming them you film it and upload later in a higher quality?

I always seem to miss the live streams, but watch them later. I don't know how many people watch live, but do you think it would be worth making the same type of videos, but instead of streaming them you film it and upload later in a higher quality?

He already has a whole load of them on his channel.

i may be able to do something like that... i'm also trying to figure out how to stream in HD

Back