• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

some old favorites

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
I never thought I would ever part with these guys. As you guys know I collect and use some very cool vintage chef knives. Some of these aren't rare makers but, they are rare sizes. I have a bunch of 12 and 14" American carbon steel chef knives. These were made in the 50's and 60"s . I will post a group shot and then break it down for you guys. The 10" forgecraft is just there for size comparison. These guys are pretty much ready for use as is or they would make awesome conversion pieces such as sujis and if you have a belt sander or grinder wa handled. These huge knives came from the belief that you had one kitchen one knife. When I first got into this business my chef taught me how to do all my prep with a 14" Gustav Emil Ern chef knife it was huge and was so well made it was like an extension of my hand. They have distal tapers and are much lighter and thinner than you would believe. The steel sings when you put them on the stones.

First group is going to be the Vintage Dexters
1)a Dexter model 32712-12" scimitar from the 1960's $45 conus shipping included
2) very rare hard to find Dexter model 48914-14" carbon steel chef knife 1960's These run about $275 if you can find them $150 conus shipping included
3) hard to find Dexter model 48912-12" carbon steel 1960's chef knife $100 conus shipping included
4) This one would make and awesome wa / suji conversion Dexter model 45a12h-12" 1970's carbon steel blade $50 conus shipping included

dexters 001.jpg

dexters 002.jpg

dexters 003.jpg

dexters 004.jpg

dexters 005.jpg

dexters 007.jpg

dexters 009.jpg

dexters 012.jpg

dexters 013.jpg

dexters 014.jpg

dexters 015.jpg

dexters 016.jpg

dexters 018.jpg

dexters 019.jpg

dexters 020.jpg

dexter2 002.jpg

dexter2 003.jpg

dexter2 004.jpg

Nice, can't wait for the big boys!

Beautiful profile on that first chef's knife! :knife:

okay, up next is an unmarked beautiful 1960's vintage 12" carbon steel chef knife with beautiful rosewood handle and triple brass rivets $75 conus shipping included

knives 003.jpg

knives 004.jpg

knives2 001.jpg

knives2 002.jpg

next up rare 1930's vintage American 14" unmarked carbon steel chef knife. This ones wooden handle was marked by a previous cook. The cook may have been illiterate the mark is an X carved in and a c branded. This was not uncommon even today. This knife would make a great suji $100 conus shipping included

knives 005.jpg

knives 006.jpg

knives 007.jpg

knives 008.jpg

knives 009.jpg

That one next to the scimitar is the knife that made me fall in love with vintage carbon steel. It is my very first vintage knife and I would rather cut off an arm then sell it unfortunately It's not my arm that's the problem it's my heart. It is an original Henckels model 102-12" that predates the Grand prize they won in 1900 and 1904. It is amazing in the kitchen. I do not ever want to sell my baby but, life kicks you in the nuts sometimes. I'm looking for $125 conus shipping included

knives 011.jpg

knives 012.jpg

knives 013.jpg

knives 014.jpg

knives 015.jpg

Last but definitely not least is the big daddy of them all. The extremely rare and beautifully balanced Gustave Emil Ern 14" carbon steel chef knife, with solid walnut handles. This was known as a cuisine massive. This is the one I was trained on . It is in amazing condition. Has a nice distal taper and is well balanced. This particular one was made right before WW2 and was put away in the warehouse while all production shifted over to war products, planes, tanks and other material. The stock was found after the war and was sufficient enough to keep the company running into the mid 50"s before they had to make more. This one was finished and sold in the early sixties buy a NYC Restaurant supply shop. They reopened after the war at a diminished capacity. in the 70's the quality started to slip and by the 80's they were gone. They were ressurected in the 90's when a bunch of new old stock was found, after it was used up the new owners of the brand decided to make more but, the quality was never the same. The vintage Gustav Emil Erns were always considered superior to Wustof and Henckels when they were in their heydey. This is one of those older pre war vintage knives. If you can find the 14" prewar carbons they run between $450 and $600 each. Im looking for $275 conus shipping. this knife is a prep beast, she hasn't seen a stone in years, so she needs some love.

knives 016.jpg

knives 017.jpg

knives 018.jpg

knives 019.jpg

knives 020.jpg

knives 021.jpg

still available dexter model 48914 14" chef knife $100 conus
Big daddy Gustav Emil Ern prewar 14" chef knife $250 conus:sad0:
1930's vintage american carbon steel 14" $75 conus

Big Daddy is going to a new home and I couldn't be happier . I know the new owner will give him the love and respect that I did. Thank you, KKF.

Dexter model 48914 14 " chef left $100 conus
1930's vintage carbon chef 14" blade left $75 conus

That one next to the scimitar is the knife that made me fall in love with vintage carbon steel. It is my very first vintage knife and I would rather cut off an arm then sell it unfortunately It's not my arm that's the problem it's my heart. It is an original Henckels model 102-12" that predates the Grand prize they won in 1900 and 1904. It is amazing in the kitchen. I do not ever want to sell my baby but, life kicks you in the nuts sometimes. I'm looking for $125 conus shipping included

View attachment 13644

View attachment 13645

View attachment 13646

View attachment 13647

View attachment 13648

A minha é exatamente como essa peça alguém sabe me dizer algo sobre ela?

[QUOTE = "chinacats, post: 675572, membro: 1404"] O que você gostaria de saber? [/ QUOTE]
Data de fabricação aproximada material do cabo qualquer informação sobre ela é bem vinda

[QUOTE = "slickmamba, post: 675573, membro: 36278"] Roberto, este post é de 2013 [/ QUOTE]
Sim percebi amigo só estou buscando informações por isso comentei aqui.

Back