Quantcast
Fake Virgins and Fishy Fish - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake Virgins and Fishy Fish

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    That's why I've been buying whole fish directly from the distributor and olive oil from here:
    http://olivebrooklyn.com/

O Live Brooklyn is owned by my sister and BIL. They're militant -almost to the point of annoyance- about exposing the fakes and selling genuine excellent quality oils and balsamics. Gotta say the stuff they carry is great and if there's interest I'll arrange some sort of a discount for KKF members.
    My interest is piqued!
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

Honey is the same, they filter out the pollen to disguise country of origin because.

Its almost all being smuggled in illegally from china, and cut with corn syrup. There is no other reason to filter out 100% of the pollen.

Fake Virgins and Fishy Fish
    sounds like spring break in Cancun.
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

+1
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

B
    That's why I've been buying whole fish directly from the distributor and olive oil from here:

O Live Brooklyn is owned by my sister and BIL. They're militant -almost to the point of annoyance- about exposing the fakes and selling genuine excellent quality oils and balsamics. Gotta say the stuff they carry is great and if there's interest I'll arrange some sort of a discount for KKF members.
    Just ordered a large salad bowl, and a "Rustic" cutting board from them. Thanks for the reference. I will be buying some vinegar soon.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    My interest is piqued!
    +2

I'll take about a case a week.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I'd never heard of escolar--or its effects. Thank goodness for this forum. Did a search on it--when there's a blog on "the world's most dangerous fish" with a section titled "How not to Crap your Pants" you know it's something you might want to avoid...
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Nice site Mano! Anyone check out the olive cutting board?
    one man gathers what another man spills...

I thought most folks knew that the "white tuna" that you see on menus is escolar and that its oils have a laxative effect.
    Len

+ Reply to Thread