Quantcast
Konosuke suji ura? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Konosuke suji ura?

Quote Originally Posted by Squilliam View Post
    I doubt many retailers would detect this issue, I had it for about a year before I found it, when I laid the knife flat on the stone. It's really not easy to detect at all. I would say it's Kono's fault because they made it and shipped it out to be sold like this. They were happy for this knife to represent their workmanship, and shouldn't rely on the retailer for QC.
    Your knife, your call. I agree wholeheartedly with Konosuke's lack of QC being the source of the problem in the first place. As an interested observer/consumer I would hold both accountable for QC; I think most vendors around here would accept some responsibility for allowing that to be shipped with their name on the transaction.

Cheers
    one man gathers what another man spills...

In my country the vendor is responsible, but are you sure the function is being entraved by the to be proven non conformity??

Admittedly, it's very difficult to detect with the naked eye, but you don't need the naked eye to detect it. A basic straight edge and a simple QC test is all that's needed to detect it, so it's not exactly an expensive or labor intensive test. I'm wondering how many folks with Konosuke knives are checking theirs for this issue? My curiosity will get the better of me I'm sure.
    Entirely speculation on my part, but if this isn't just an outlier, but a reflection of diminishing QC and/or other issues at Konosuke, it does seem to reflect a deviation from the high standards that Jon demands of the products that he carries. Perhaps this offers a glimpse into why he no longer does???

i have a 300mm White 2 kono Suji, and mine doesn't have this.

To the OP: have you contacted the vendor?

No I haven't. Of course I would prefer the knife to be perfect, but it doesn't bother me that much and I have spent hours thinning the knife to make it how I want it. Also back and forth international shipping is a killer.

Makes sense. With a little flattening of the left face's upper part and thinning behind the edge it should get solved, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    Makes sense. With a little flattening of the left face's upper part and thinning behind the edge it should get solved, I think.
    agreed.