this is not a kitchen knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
I wanted to show you guys the damascuss pattern. I am thinking about making a sujihiki with this pattern.

standard.jpg

Any chance we could get a better close up of the blade? It's hard to make out details of such a fine pattern. From what I can see it reminds me of some kind of floral or paisley pattern. I like it.:thumbsup:

Is that Dragon's Breath? One of my favorite damascus patterns, would look awesome on a suji.

Any chance we could get a better close up of the blade? It's hard to make out details of such a fine pattern. From what I can see it reminds me of some kind of floral or paisley pattern. I like it.:thumbsup:

Here ya go. one Dragons Breath blade coming up.

standard.jpg

I might go for that suji you are making .)
(just got to ask my boss for a raise)

How do you remodel a kitchen without adding a new knife. That one will be absolutely stunning, I'm sure. That is some cool pattern!

If I were a rich man, I'd get this on a scimitar and use it exclusively for intimidating people at barbeques.

this is true too

Well, Im remodeling my kitchen and to be honest I cant afford any more knives for a long time. I got lucky at work and got some money, and the dollar was really low when I ordered and payed.
But here is something Ive learned about custom knives:

1. A custom can only be made once - its a personal knife made by a maker with your spesification.
2. The most fun with the whole proses is to have a waiting time
3. The day the maker tell you he is about to start on your knife, its getting really fun
4. The mails/calls with the maker is just heaven before and during the making
5. And the pics when its done is very very nice.
6. This makes the knife unique and one of a kind - something you took part in the making

Ive heard some makers also puts in a personal letter, this makes the knife even more unique!!!
For me a custom is not only a great knife, its also got a story to tell. So when the day come that I show my Burke to a friend, I can also tell the story about an ABS MS who involved me in his proses. How we discussed things, and how he came up with an idea after we discussed different solutions, how difficult it was to make it and so on. This is a really important story to tell. And its hard to find a knife with a story like this.

And I look forward to the day my knife arrives, but then again the best part is to log on to KFF and see a mail from the maker, even if its just a few words it just makes my day. Ive only had great experiences with my bladesmiths (devin, burke, marko and pierre).

I really recommend everyone to go for a custom, even if the price is high you get that special knife. Ive seen a lot of places that sells customs, but dont jump on this offers. Contact the maker and have a dialogue. Im sure the makers also loves this part of the proses, as they know they are making a knife for one that really admire their skills and passion.

So to order I just contacted makers on the forum by PT/PM/Mail - I live in Norway so I cant call. And due to my bad english its not always easy to explain all my expectations. I love working with Burke (well I know Im not making the knife, but at least Im involved) and recommend him to everyone that wants the best. I cant wait for mine to come to life :) So a wip mr Bill Burke would be awesome ;) ;)

Oivind, isn't that kinda like wrapping your own Christmas presents?

wait, is that bad

I wouldn't mind wrapping my own presents

:happy2::happy2:

The best presents is those you give yourself :)

Ahhh I forgot one thing (and this is an important thing)
We have a code of honor between the members on this forum. If a member orders a custom, you cant order a copy! You must some changes, ie different handle, different wood, different horn and so on. I really liked Colins Guyto and Suji, but as it is a code of honor among the members on this forum, I couldnt order a copy.

This code also goes between the makers, as the dont copy and other makers trademark :)
God I love custom work :)

Thank you, Colin, for being the enthusiastic rich man I can live vicariously through.

Not rich just obsessed:eek:hmy:
Yes I have gotten my new Burke:EDance2::thumbsup2::headbang: I got it thuresday but have not gotten a chance to use it much. Today's raining here so I should get a chance to play, if m lucky. Bill posted some pic's, I'll post some more and a revew soon.

e25c6c84.png

So Colin - How about a comment on your new knife?
How does it preform compared to the "old" one?

Latest posts

Back