Quantcast
New Ken Onion line/ vendor complaints about reviews - Page 7
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ken Onion line/ vendor complaints about reviews

Exactly Dardeau, knives are very personal and no two people cut things exactly the same. I had a Ken Onion/Shun chef knife that I thought was OK but nothing special. I gave to a co-work and she thinks it is the ultimate kitchen knife that could ever be created. What right would I have to say she is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Onion View Post
    I'll just leave this thread alone. Thanks for the feedback. Have a wonderful day.
    lovely, a martyr. man up. you might produce a decent kitchen knife, if you do.

Man Up ? Maybe you should school me on how to design and manufacture a decent kitchen knife based on your extensive background. I'll be sure to check back tomorrow for some insight from you.

I find it remarkable how many comments are made on this thread by people who have never touched this knife. With such a negative vibe, I can certainly understand why Mr Onion wouldn't bother subjecting himself to unproductive abuse. Perhaps the knife was not designed to be used by "purists". So be it.

It was designed to be different, yet effective, and as Noodle Soup wrote, "Distinctly Onion". I won't write it off, but I also see that according to our preferences, and cutting techniques, it might not be ideal for us. With that in mind, maybe it would surprise us. The guy knows design. I'd love to see one in person.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

ohhh popcorn.

all i can say is, Ken's designs are marketed towards a different crowd. We just have a different line of thought towards our knives. He has his own, and he has his own audience. Clearly, he has a market for his knives. Hey, I got a couple of folders that he's designed.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    lovely, a martyr. man up. you might produce a decent kitchen knife, if you do.
    I think it is that kind of attitude that keeps a lot of respected knifemakers and designers away from forums like this one. If you have ever met Ken you would know he tends to fit the stereotype of an "ex-Marine." Telling him to "man up" is not something you would probably do to his face.

From the members (in general) - Ken Onion's kitchen designs are not in line with what the folks here are into.

From Ken Onion - it's tough to sit by and listen to "experts" criticize his work

Folks, we should remember to act gentlemanly (respectful) when addressing each other. Insults or prodding directly at a member isn't something we should see here.

For Ken, we allow honest reviews here at KKF. Sorry if your designs have been met with negative criticism but you have to accept this for what it is without response. Making snarky comments within a review thread will only serve to bring on snarky comments from members. Also, please see our Terms of Use

Ken, if you really want to start a dialogue here, I really would like to hear more about the ideas behind the handle design on the Shun line.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    I think it is that kind of attitude that keeps a lot of respected knifemakers and designers away from forums like this one. If you have ever met Ken you would know he tends to fit the stereotype of an "ex-Marine." Telling him to "man up" is not something you would probably do to his face.
    There are no "ex-Marines".
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig