Quantcast
New Ken Onion line/ vendor complaints about reviews - Page 6
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ken Onion line/ vendor complaints about reviews

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    im about to sharpen a friends ken onion chefs knife today or tomorrow. judging from the profile im sure its gonna be a PITA to get an even bevel from heel to tip. not looking forward to it all.

It's a Labor of Love - LOL

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    im about to sharpen a friends ken onion chefs knife today or tomorrow. judging from the profile im sure its gonna be a PITA to get an even bevel from heel to tip. not looking forward to it all.
    Hah, that's funny. I promised one of the waitstaff I'd sharpen their knife. She brings it in on one of my days off, and I found it yesterday all wrapped up in a dish towel. Unwrapped it- looked at my Sous, and we both shook our heads simultaneously. It's ridiculously dull as well. Gonna grab a six pack and start grinding away later this evening...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I'll just leave this thread alone. Thanks for the feedback. Have a wonderful day.

Well now, wait a minute, stick around, lets talk design.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Well now, wait a minute, stick around, lets talk design.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

If that's the real Ken Onion, I'd love for him to come back and discuss knife design with us. There could be a ton to learn for everybody, Ken included. With that being said, I "dabble" in knife design, and Ken Onion could teach me more in an hour, on the phone, than I learn in a month, on my own....

I'd love to see him come back, personally.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

If that's the real Ken Onion, I'd love for him to come back and discuss knife design with us.
    agreed.

=D

Just watched the video. Don't know about his knives, but it sure made me want to buy some trees

And I agree, if that's the real KO I'd love to see you stick around and add to the value of this forum. We can be rough, but generally we're fair. Besides, we pick on everybody, not just you. Except Hoss, no one picks on Hoss.
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

And you after got done tearing his designs apart, you would try to make him design knives that look just like every other Japanese blade. I've said it before but Ken can't make a living designing knives that look the same as every other maker's. They need to be easily recognizable as "Ken Onions." Until you have actually used these new designs I don't think you are being fair to him no mater what you say. I've handled the prototypes and some I liked and some I didn't but that goes for practically every maker's. If the world depended on Japanese knives to feed themselves the majority of the earth's population would starve.

I worked with a guy who had a couple of the shuns. I didn't care for how they felt, but they got nice and sharp. He did very good knife work with them, and loved them. He disliked the k-Sab I was using. His cuts weren't any better or worse than mine. The profile actually looks a lot like the tanaka r2s that people love. Look at the edges, really similar.