Quantcast
New Ken Onion line/ vendor complaints about reviews - Page 11
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ken Onion line/ vendor complaints about reviews

It is a difficult situation, do we want a community here where someone can freely post their thoughts about a product? If we do then as a consequence subscribed vendors and "drive by vendors" will have to agree to the guidelines or be removed from the membership rolls.
    What other options do we have? how much time does anyone really expect our all volunteer group to spend on each incident?

As the site continues to grow these issues will only become more frequent. I am very discouraged about how the community has become polarised here.. I have no real answers on that other than to say that what is best for the community here is always going to be my goal and I will continue to encourage the team to keep that in mind as we struggle to make this the best site on topic that it can be.
    Managing the KKF for what is best for one vendor or one member will drive a stake in the heart of the KKF.

at the end of the day, its your call (well, you, the mods, and the admin)... i was just making a point as to how it might appear to some of us who dont know more... sometimes an explanation would be nice when things like this happen

Just had a look at his profile, he's been a member since July 2012..
    One thing that's always hard to take is criticism, especially of your own work, maybe he had too many 'yes men' around him when he was designing them?
    What's everyone's ones thoughts on the consentino? Knives?

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    at the end of the day, its your call (well, you, the mods, and the admin)... i was just making a point as to how it might appear to some of us who don't know more... sometimes an explanation would be nice when things like this happen
    There are forums that moderate publicly, I have always found that 99% of any issues could be resolved by a respectful PM to the other party. Calling people out in threads and or pointing out how a post or thread is not appropriate is not anything that I would be involved in nor would the rest of the team in my estimation. Keep in mind before an actual member would be removed from the membership a lot of dialogue and requests would have occurred between the team and the member- do we really want that aired for review and comment.

not necessarily, but in cases like this where many are confused, it might be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    not necessarily, but in cases like this where many are confused, it might be helpful
    I am sorry to say I have to disagree- without context and the background it would only add more confusion and acrimony.

He was practically assaulted and he responded twice, negatively. "ungentlemanly", ... really. Nothing personal Dave, but I've read some of your comments here about people you hold in contempt, whether justified or not. This pales by comparison. I have a problem digesting all the selfserving bs tossed around here at times. Well intended as all this may be, I am reminded that the road to hell is paved with "good intentions". I suppose I'll be banned now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I didn't flip the switch on Ken but I know enough to comment so I figured I'd throw in what I can to help you understand what's happened/happening here with regards to Ken's situation.

Ken banned himself. He violated the terms of use in several ways, first he created a user account in his business name, then he commented negatively on the negative reviews that his products were/are receiving here, and finally he acted in an ungentlemanly manner with his responses. This was all from his first and second posts - meaning he was here ONLY to stop his bad press - not to contribute to the KKF community in anyway positive.

Now he's enlisted the help of 2 friends, or has created fake accounts himself (one has the same IP address as his), to come in here to further stir the pot - nothing else.

i have had plenty of time with the ken onion shun chef knife, and as far as i can tell its the worst chef knife at that price point that i have ever used. I blasted the knife early on this thread because it really does perform like a piece of crap. No use crying over spilt milk that knife really does blow. sorry ken onions feeling mightve gotten hurt. maybe they needed to be. the guy makes quite a nice living selling his knives, he has plenty of fans and getting approval or accolades from this forum im sure means very little to him. futhermore, if he cant honor the rules like everyone else here does he really shouldnt be part of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Crap, I still need 4 more years!@!
    Pfffft, That is all.

I have zero interest in the Onion knives, and don't know the guy, but given the level of criticism here, it seems reasonable to let him respond. This place has enough of an insider vibe and powerful home team bias already, and it doesn't seem unreasonable to allow some latitude to someone like Ken Onion (who is not going to be operating here as a vendor, given both the nature of this community's tastes and the wide distribution his knives already have). People pile on here pretty readily, and he deserves an opportunity to respond.