Quantcast
New Ken Onion line/ vendor complaints about reviews - Page 17
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ken Onion line/ vendor complaints about reviews

I like popcorn with a PBR.
    PBR is a good basic lager that you can get in a tavern for 2 buck a pint, 1.50 at happy hour. Right now it's Lagunitas though. Now that is hip. Coming from an old hippy.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Lars makes popcorn shrimp. Har!

Add Gershon Kingsley and it's hard to beat.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

This whole brouhaha is because we've all been on the internet for years and we've all been on forums for years. So we all know how to post on a forum. A la Ken Onion. But, when you come to KKF no one except for the insiders know all the hidden rules you have to abide by untile after you break one and whack! You get your account suspended no warning.

From reading all of the mods posts it seems clear no friendly explanation was given. Black and white, zero tolerance.

I think Stephan's proposal is the right direction. sometimes people just don't know.

-AJ

but other than that, yeah rules are rules and I agree about not having vendors comments in the general population.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    This whole brouhaha is because we've all been on the internet for years and we've all been on forums for years. So we all know how to post on a forum. A la Ken Onion. But, when you come to KKF no one except for the insiders know all the hidden rules you have to abide by untile after you break one and whack! You get your account suspended no warning.

From reading all of the mods posts it seems clear no friendly explanation was given. Black and white, zero tolerance.

Each member agrees to our Terms of Use BEFORE they can join or make a post. There are ZERO "hidden rules" here at KKF.

AJ, once again you're stirring the pot and once again I'm noting it. I wonder how long you'll be given leeway to break the "hidden rules" before your account is suspended....first time...no warning.....zero tolerance? Doesn't sound like that's the case with you, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Saccogoo View Post
    The only real time I've "insulted" someone was after Edipis went after me in another thread.

No, you directly insulted me earlier as well remember? Unprovoked I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by Saccogoo View Post

You see, you are the guy I described...you just didn't realize that you have become one of the fixie riding, PBR swilling smelly hipsters of the knife world.
    Now that wasn't very nice. For what reason was this insult hurled by the way? In no way whatsoever did I personally attack you or insult you in any manner. I briefly explained why most here (myself included from personal Shun knife usage) don't care for the overpriced blades and your response was an ad hominem or worse, name calling. That's like the lowest form of countering a central point. The fact is from my personal usage of Shun knives, there is a lot better knife out there for the dollar. They just don't cut that great or stay as sharp as similarly or lesser priced knives. How does that make me smelly?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

This conversation has become terribly unproductive and has digressed into childish name calling. Reviews and complaints should always be welcome but personal grievances and attacks should be kept to private messages or better yet, not be offended so easily and let petty crap go. I'd be interested in Ken Onion's opinions on knives and why he chose the designs he has. Not defend, just give an insight to the thought process. I also think that everyone else who has chirped in has valid opinions and thoughts as well as a wealth of experience in using knives that shouldn't be dismissed. It always seems that we're verging on a civil, well rounded conversation but people let their emotions get ahead of their practicality in discussing a knife with an online community half or more of which are complete strangers.

I am not at all a fan. I sent an intern home once for bringing a ken onion knife. I told him to go get a proper knife.
    Last edited by ChuckTheButcher; 07-05-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: seams negitive

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    I am not at all a fan. I sent an intern home once for bringing a ken onion knife. I told him to go get a proper knife.
    Haha, that made me laugh..