Before and After Shots

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hello hello,
I found a few before and after shots from our services.

Cleaning Service

Reshaping Service

Chip repair service

Thanks for looking :)

Fine looking repair work, though the owners should've been ashamed of the shape of their knives. :eyebrow:

The reshaping was impressive. Do you have grinding wheels at your shop?

Fine looking repair work, though the owners should've been ashamed of the shape of their knives. :eyebrow:

Thanks! :D

We get a lot of crazy looking knives. It's funny because we have customers who are ashamed of their sharpened-ok somewhat chipped knives, and customers who bring ridiculous looking knives shamelessly. Not that people should be ashamed of something they brought in to be fixed, but its just interesting how people's minds work. lol

The reshaping was impressive. Do you have grinding wheels at your shop?

Thanks! I don't even know how that happened to the deba. Admittedly these aren't the worst of the bunch either. I understand that wooden handles absorb a lot of smell especially if you work with fish all day, so I get that the smell is going to transfer to my hand... But what scares me is when people bring in knives with food still stuck to them... It's one of those "... where do you work? Wait. No, don't tell me. Ignorance might be bliss."

I discovered that certain kinds of rusting makes my skin crawl. For example, when its rusting so badly that it looks like parasites are eating away at the knives.

The chips on that yanagiba ot takobiki-whatever it is are horrendous!
It looks more like a bread knife!
FOR SHAME !!!!!
You should make these people sign a waiver before the repair stating that they will take proper care from now on........
....or face the wrath of Mari with a Samurai sword!

WOW they f#(%#d that shinogi line up on that deba!! Nice that you could fix such damaged knives.

all i can say is that those are nightmare jobs that some (if not many) folks would refuse to work on.

holy crap.

master sharpeners at work....

and a ton of patience.

This makes me feel a little better about the knife that I'm going to bring to you guys. You guys are miracle workers; I would've looked at the first one without a clue on where to start

Latest posts

Back