Why don't you sit on it !?!?!!?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:shocked3:I saw this @ Amazon and it made me wonder... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

pm49Pcp.jpg

God help the poor cook that moves their roast to this board for resting. :(

It's like a carving board. The channels are to irrigate the blood out from under it. Also it's stupid.

And it holds whatever you're cutting with your dull ass knife in place. See, when your knife isn't sharp, I mean real f'in dull, these spikes hold your food as you saw away at it. No ginsu, miracle blades, or anything Chef Tony endorsed necessary. All you need is this bangin' Boos block, these big f'in spikes and a dull knife. Money.

It's to hold whatever you're slicing in place. Occupational therapists recommend them for people with weakness in one hand.

Wouldn't catch that stuck in my hams . . . :eyebrow:

I think my aunt has one o those, she keeps it right above the drawer full of plastic-handled grocery-store "knives" that are all so dull I was never sure at thanksgiving if I was better off trying to slice the turkey with the spine or the blade:lol2:

The lady at 1:30 in this video uses one of these.. (notice her hand motion when she says "sharpening them")

Sorry, but Rick (Theory)'s comment made me laugh. Like actually sitting here, looking like a weirdo laughing by myself laughing. "Also it's stupid". Haha. I dunno why, but that got me.

Yeah, both "it's stupid" and the star fox comment had me laughing. This after I had spent a good minute looking at the picture, trying to figure out what the heck it really was. The main thought that kept going through my head was reading about some guy in India who could lay on a bed of only 4 nails.

I bet the spikes are to keep the meat elevated, and not necessarily to hold it steady, by simply sitting it in place, instead of pushing it down into the spikes...

Back