Medium stones Test

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful stones as always Maksim. Thanks for the post and pictures

A very nice review. You have a very nice range of medium sharpeners there, Max. These stones are the most important tools for a perfect result.

I have tried out several Iyoto and they perform very differently. Good Iyo is equally hard to find as good Aoto these days. Personally I prefer the softer Iyo stones to the harder, but my Iyoto is quite similar to yours in sharpning qualities. Fairly hard, fairly agressive and a very good medium sharpener. And I believe the wooden pattern on some of these stones is just beautiful. :)
Here are a couple of pictures of my Iyo...

18hm6e.jpg

2i9kqd1.jpg

DarkhOeK

I think it is not my last Iyoto :) yes there are different hardness of these ones i went for coarsest 800+ but it seems lot finer to me and harder then he described hehe
Its not a bad thing but i want to try softer too :)

I believe the above Iyo is in the #1500-2000 range. Lv4

DarkHOeK

Harald do you have pictures of soft ones ?

No, sorry Max. I got a large soft stone from 330mate but it was just a "paper weight" stone, so I threw it out to make space for other stones.
I have found no connection between colour and hardness, or grit however.

DarkHOeK

Thanks for the post of Medium stone. The picture show very beautiful. I really impressed by the stone picture.

I'm not finished with my spectroscopic analysis. I'll report my findings in the morning.

Latest posts

Back