Quantcast
Possible Lamson Collaboration Line of Knives - Page 46
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: Possible Lamson Collaboration Line of Knives

Dang...that mock up from Pierre is sweet. This is cool beans for the knife we have been talking about. Man. I love this place. Kind of special to see something like this come together with not only enthusiasm but some serious design and thought by everyone here but especially Pierre and Lefty and their hard ass work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by G-rat View Post
    Dang...that mock up from Pierre is sweet. This is cool beans for the knife we have been talking about. Man. I love this place. Kind of special to see something like this come together with not only enthusiasm but some serious design and thought by everyone here but especially Pierre and Lefty and their hard ass work on this.
    +1

+2

great work

Yup. Thanks to both of those crazy Canucks! And this awesome forum!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I can't wait for my knife to be ready... and oh yeah, that was a lotta reading. great job, great process, great project management!@!

I vote convexed and no rounded heel. I really would prefer the look/harkening back to older knife making of a brass bolster but shaped like the 2nd mock-up but understand that it seems to be locked in. No spacer in my opinion.

i continue to come back to this thread to re read stuff, so interesting, love this place

Really like that handle! I don't feel there's need for a spacer. And three pins in the same size would do it. I don't have much to say on the grind since I would be talking out of my behind. Concave or flat, as long as it's well done and thin behind the edge. Great job, Tom and Pierre! (And everyone else) Can't wait to see a prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by jigert View Post
    Really like that handle! I don't feel there's need for a spacer. And three pins in the same size would do it. Concave or flat, as long as it's well done and thin behind the edge. Great job, Tom and Pierre! (And everyone else) Can't wait to see a prototype.

One thing I was thinking about was the use of Loveless bolts for the scales. A lot of vintage knives used something like that. It would be a little unique without the pretentiousness of mosaic pins.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I am loving this !! 47 pages of Pure Enthusiasm!! I cant wait to see the Prototype, It is sounding FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!
    I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room. -Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

+ Reply to Thread