Quantcast
anyone here into edible gardening?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone here into edible gardening?

anyone here into edible gardening?

like herbs and vegetables?

=D

i grow stuff from time to time.....

i'll start:

purple borlotto beans

thyme seedlings

french bean seedling

soy beans/edamame

chervil

artichoke seedlings

=D

nice crop

thanks. i have a whole backyard to myself. but lately i've been lazy tending to my plants so i kinda let the whole place go. and i've been starting to get back into it.

Just do a small garden in the back, 7 tomato plants, 5 pepper plants, basil, cilantro

i got a couple of rows dedicated for edible gardening. i'll do pictures when i got stuff actually worth showing. =D

I've had a small herb garden for many years. I grow also grow heirloom maters in pots on the patio every year.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

i got tons of heirloom tomato seeds bought and traded from gardening forums, but i just can't seem to grow them right. i've had more sucess with growing peppers and eggplants. would love tomatoes grown right.... heirloom tomatoes are mighty tasty and a great big middle finger to monsanto that's already getting its evil hand into our agriculture.

A few tomatoes. And it's time to start some seeds! Sungold cherry tomoatoes for sure, not sure which other kind. Long season tomatoes can be kind of questionable grown here, the cherries do better. Some blueberry bushes stuck here and there, although they haven't done much other than have pretty leaves in the fall. LOTS of Chives. Started with one clump, and they are taking over. I might try making some rose petal jam this year. Lots of extremely fragrant, very colorful old old garden roses to try it with.

+1 to giving Monsanto the finger.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

+1 to giving Monsanto the finger.
    they already introduced GMO rice here. and rice is our life blood! this cannot continue!

there's a huge movement of organic produce here that's already steadily growing. but then also a huge demand for more "conventional" and industrial food production so ahh well.

only thing monsanto can't do to us is sue the hell out of the farmers since they can't even afford to grow their own produce as it stands. so there's no money to be made here monsanto!

=p

i've only been gardening for close to three years so... compared to knowing knives and other stuff.... this takes longer to learn..... patience is the one thing i got from all of this. which is awesome. didn't have a lot of that when i started out.

My wife is really into it, and I am the support staff. Usually have about 30 tomato plants, a dozen or so pepper plants, some squash, green beans and cucumbers. Some years she also tries lettuces, chives, etc. We have a pretty big herb garden going, with various basils, thymes, oreganos, rosemary, etc.

She usually has tomatoes and peppers sprouting from seeds by this time of year, but the new baby means we will likely wait and buy a bunch of established plants in late spring.