Blades of the gods......

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shankster

Founding Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this website(bladesofthegods.com)

Very strange and interesting indeed..
P.S apologies if this has been discussed before

Those knives look like they'd be uncomfortable to use for any amount of time

I'm not even sure if they're supposed to be used,or just enclosed in a glass case...

Those knives look like they'd be uncomfortable to use for any amount of time

I'm just curious - I looked at the chef's knife and I wondered why you thought about this? These knives have got a flashy appearance, but many people here like a little bit of flash not the knives they call plain, and the handles of these knives don't look so great for me but they look round and at least maybe comfortable.

Flashy indeed, Though I don't know if they can command the price that they state. Their price ranges touches that of the extremely high end (for me) Japanese knives. They sure are pricing for quality, wither it is a quality product is questionable. But in fairness I don't think that a bunch of knife nerds are their target market.

I'm just curious - I looked at the chef's knife and I wondered why you thought about this? These knives have got a flashy appearance, but many people here like a little bit of flash not the knives they call plain, and the handles of these knives don't look so great for me but they look round and at least maybe comfortable.

Sharp corners on the ferrells, sharp edges on the spine and choil. What's the point of spending all that money then have to knock down the sharp parts yourself?

1700$ for a petty and 1650$ for a big chef slicer in same serie. i like how thay value the knives.

These knives are created with a specific target audience in mind, which I doubt resides on this forum. Probably got their ideas from Nesmuk.

Love the name, didn't know gods cooked though. Always learn something new.

Maybe it's time to put some ambrosia for sale in my sub forum....

Finally, to create the extraordinary sharpness of the Damascus pattern blade, the blacksmith's sons worked over a period of several days using a variety of natural whetstones to infuse assorted textures and precision to the edge.

What a load of bulls**t that is. You know sucky knives when they explain in great detail things that are common with pretty much every knife

And finally to achieve the final state of perfection, the blacksmith's 4th son will place the masterful damascus pattern blade in the glovebox of his Honda car and take it to the Post Office where it will be sent across land and sea to the buyer who will enjoy the blade until their end, as will their family and ancestors to come

knives for collector who doesn't do cooking!!

I like this version better. I would expect no less for the "final state of perfection" Sending it by postal service just won't cut it.

And finally to achieve the final state of perfection, the blacksmith's 4th son will place the masterful damascus pattern blade in the canoe and paddle across oceans, labor through deserts, mountains, plains by foot to reach an eye-popping, jaw-dropping buyer who fill freeze in awe once he lays his eyes on the damascus blade.

You'd think the gods could just summon the finest steel from the heavens with just a mere thought...

They look awesome.

Hah many here get excited but what about exactly? That they try to charge what they do? Why not? This whole "custom" word is pushing many people to buying knives over, or close to, a grand, while they dont work any better than those for 500. Maybe worse even ?
You want to get noticed, or do you want performance. Simple as it is.

If they can do a living, then good for them.

i wonder how much this knives cost locally without that brand name.
I think it is not a cool way to promote local business to sell they work at those prices, only my :2cents:

$2500+ - my goodness! I didn't see this when I checked the site.

I think the market is rich tourists in Bali.

They are also selling a belt for $2,120.00. :crazy: A belt, you know to hold your pants up with. That tells you what their target audience is.
Oh, and check out their FAQ's page, wow.

Oh, and check out their FAQ's page, wow.

Very Germanic (no punt intended) way of doing business. When I lived in Germany in the early 90s, there was not such a thing as store returns or satisfaction guarantee. I wonder if anything changed since.

Very Germanic (no punt intended) way of doing business. When I lived in Germany in the 90s, there was not such a thing as returns or satisfaction guarantee. I wonder if anything changed since.

Perhaps you can trust their products and no policy is needed?

Things that have proven track record (tools, machinery, cars, optics) you can. Everything else, is like saying "trust me". Sometimes is better to have a happy customer than a bitter one and that seems to be the North American model (within reason). My jaw dropped when I learned that EMS would accept returns from customers (who clearly abused the policy) years after product was purchased and worn. But it also earned them many loyal customers (yours truly included) who count that the company will right the wrong if need be. Then you have brands like OR, Patagonia and others who offer lifetime warranty on their products.

Back