Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boning a deer

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    that is amazing. i assume that is a tiny meathook in his other hand?

you really cant learn from that video..he was blazingly fast, too fast for me to learn at least. i need a slowdown and an explanation. good stuff tho. thanks for posting it up.
    If you are looking to learn more about breaking down game you may want to search the net and see if you can find and of the Video from CMC Milos Cihelka. He had an entire series of videos that was very good on the subject.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

thanks^^ i will!

i like some organ meats. i'm chinese. hehe.

as far as goat..love it. i feel the world would be a better place if we ate more goat. they pollute less, need less land to graze, eat anything so you dont have to grow their food, less fat and cholesterol. it is delicious. the rest of the world eats alot of goat.the US, we have our "issues".

my buddy arrowed this old billy goat. i told him not to. we walked up to it and it smelled like a dirty barn. we gutted it, and it smelled like a barn on the inside. we took a shoulder and cooked it thai curry style. it was wonderful!!

What kind of knives do you guys use for these tasks. I've recently been doing a fair amount of rabbit, goat and lamb at work, and use a 150 mm Honesuki I got from Jon for all of the pre-mentioned, but I'm curious to hear what others are doing.

interesting type of boning knife gravy, i wonder why they don't make more of those.

here is my knife for wild game meat. i leave it in my truck during hunting trips. i use a smaller knife with D2 tool steel to quarter the animal to get it into my backpack. once it is closer to camp or my truck, this cheap $5 knife comes out. i love it. it is a Forgecraft knife. carbon steel (you know this). i had a sheath made for it..hehe.

i took an elk apart with it. cut it into steaks and roast. just needed to hit it against a diamond broadhead arrow head sharpener a few times during the process.