What's up from Massachusetts

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ru5ty1

Reaction score
Been lurking here off and on for the better part of 2 plus years trying to gather as much info as possible and a little leary because of never posting on a forum before. Figured it was time I introduce myself. I am just a home cook who over the last year has been bitten by the knife bug. I started out with Forschner Fibrox and then the wife bought me a 8" and 10" Masamoto VG gyutos. Been trying to sharpen on King 1000 and 6000. Key word being trying. I'm getting better, slowly. That has a lot to do with Mr. Martell's video's. Recently picked up a Bester 1200 and Suehiro Rika 5000 to give me something different to sharpen on.
I was thinking my next knife purchase I might like to try some vintage carbon. Have been looking on the BST and eBay for something for short change as I am still learning and not wanting to screw an expensive knife up. Well gotta go. Baby on the loose!:running:

That vintage carbon has been looking pretty good. Welcome!

Franklin, Ma. It's right above the top right hand corner of Rhode Island. In the armpit of Ma. So to speak.

I actually went to college for a brief time in North Adams back when it was North Adams State. I liked it out there. Then again I'm more of a country folk then a city slicker.

I lives in South Egremont for a couple years before I moved "over the hill" to Chatham, NY.

Welcome! Baby on the loose haha... oh crap that's happening at my house too... diaper at the bottom of the stairs, baby at the top, might have a bigger problem than you do:)

Thanks for the welcoming guys. Drumjockey, better that way then vice versa.

Back