Hello from Oregon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mametaro

Reaction score
Thank you for the amazing forum. I've often read and learned new things reading them. I really do love knives and consider it a privilege to be able to use them as a profession. I've been in the kitchen for about 17 years(mostly sushi) and recently opened a hole in the wall 16 seat eatery. Thank you again.

Welcome to the Knut House! Where are you located?

Thank you all! Located in Eugene if you are ever down here Spike.

welcome aboard! And good luck with the "while in the wall", my experience has always given that theses are the best places to discover!

Thank you!! It really is fun, but sleepy town. The joint is called mame if you guys are ever in town. It would be great to meet some other knife/food lovers especially from around the NW.

Wandering around this forum and I find another Lane County person and from what it sounds like a new place to go eat sushi. I'll have to stop by and try your servings.

Taro is the man! I wish I was close enough to go see him!

Wandering around this forum and I find another Lane County person and from what it sounds like a new place to go eat sushi. I'll have to stop by and try your servings.

I'm in eugene as well - mame's a cool place, good to see you here taro. perhaps we need an oregon meetup to geek out on some food and knives....

Would love to get together and geek out for sure! You guys should pop in and bring some knives to play with. I know you got some gems and sounds like Gunner has some fun toys as well. Thanks for the kind words as well guys. Hopefully someday I will get to feed you and the family Chris!

I may see you this weekend, taro - sure, I'll bring a few sharp toys

I'll try and make it by in a week or so. This weekend is screwed with the Albany gun show and our friends already called about dinner tonight at Maru. I haven't been there yet so I have no opinion yet. Crossing my fingers

Taro, great meeting you tonight. I'm sorry we couldn't get a table but I'm not complaining when I see a very busy and popular place to grub. We will have to call ahead next time and get a reservation. You have some awesome knives from what you showed me. Can't wait to try some of your creations with those blades.

Back