• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beatty 8" Cleaver, sharpened by Dave Martell

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnochef

Founding Member
Reaction score
$125 including insured shipping anywhere in North America.

What can I say? It's a beautiful piece of vintage Americana not often seen anymore.

Cast carbon steel blade with a razor-sharp edge courtesy of Dave Martell

In excellent condition for it's age. Handle is tight and there is no play where it meets the blade. Only one hairline crack in the handle that hasn't moved since I bought it 2 years ago.

There is patina on the blade, but most of the rust has been removed. I like the way the patina contrasts with the fresh sharpening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko9bbnmi6kjepy6/DSCN2195.JPG?m

It's the one in the bottom left corner obviously.

Sale pending, investigating shipping cost to Sweden!

Price drop to $100 including insured shipping in North America.

Folks, it costs at least $30 for me to ship it. This is an amazing deal. No more price drops, if it doesn't sell soon I will remove it from B/S/T.

It is an amazing deal. You're making me think about how I could use a cleaver.

Monday bump

For some reason the KKF image up loader doesn't like my pictures, so if anybody wants a good look PM me with your email address and I'll send them out.

Bump, this great piece is still for sale guys. It's at the reduced price of $100 including insured shipping anywhere in North America.

I cannot go any lower due to the cost of shipping such a heavy item.

001.jpg002.jpg004.jpg005.jpg010.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2192.jpg
    DSCN2192.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 100
Beast! what are the dimensions and weight? is that an AS Takeda on the right?

Beast! what are the dimensions and weight? is that an AS Takeda on the right?

It weighs in at 850g so almost 2 pounds of very solid, razor sharp cutting on an 8" blade. Interested?

Yes that is a Takeda Nakiri in this old photo, it was a great one and I somewhat regret selling it to another forum member. However, he proudly now calls it his favorite knife, so that makes me feel good.

I am going to have to replace it soon...

Have not received knife. Did I mess something up on my end.

Back